10/8/12 WWE RAW Results
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up from Sacramento, California with Michael Cole welcoming us. We go right to the ring and out comes John Cena to a very mixed reaction.
Cole is joined by Jim Ross and JBL on commentary as Cena makes his way to the ring. Cena says he missed everyone and asks if the fans missed him. He’s answered with cheers and boos. He says one week off felt like a year but it’s good to be back in the ring. Cena says it took him a week off to realize what really was going on in WWE. He talks about Team Hell No, Antonio Cesaro, the WWE Divas and AJ Lee. Cena says AJ has lost her mind but not her charm. Cena says he would like to take AJ on a date. Cena brings up Vince McMahon being here and Arnold Schwarzenegger being the Social Media Ambassador. Cena says Larry King is here tonight. Cena gets the fans riled up. Cena says he and the fans don’t have a voice. He says CM Punk stole the voice of WWE. Some fans start chanting for Punk. Cena talks about Hell In a Cell and says that match could be a moment people remember Punk for. Cena hopes the fans tell Punk how they feel when he comes out tonight. Cena wants the match at Hell In a Cell. Cena says Punk sometimes simply just isn’t a man.
Cena tells Punk not to be a punk and face him at Hell In a Cell. Cena thanks the fans for letting him speak and goes to leave. Ryback’s music hits and out he comes.
Ryback vs. Primo and Epico
Ryback and Cena exchange a look as they walk past each other on the ramp. Ryback hits the ring as we see a replay from last week of Ryback coming out at the end of the Jim Ross Appreciation Night segment with Punk and Paul Heyman. Back to tonight and out comes Ryback’s opponents Primo and Epico with Rosa Mendes.
Ryback drops Primo and catches a kick from Epico. Ryback drops Epico and slams Primo onto him. Epico tries to attack from behind but it doesn’t phase Ryback. They double team him and get him on the mat. Primo and Epico stomp away and drop elbows on Ryback. They try a few pin attempts but barely get a count. More double teaming but the fans start chanting for Ryback. Primo holds Ryback while Epico slaps him. Ryback fights them off and hits two pairs of clotheslines. Ryback grabs them both for a double Shellshocked and nails it for the win.
- We get hype for Vince McMahon’s return before going to commercial.
Brodus Clay vs. R-Truth
Back from the commercial and out comes Brodus Clay with Naomi and Cameron. R-Truth waits at ringside and comes in with Little Jimmy. Truth takes a mic and apologizes to Brodus. Truth says they can fight some other time because Jimmy is going through puberty and he wants to dance. Truth has Clay’s music played again. The invisible Little Jimmy dances with Truth, Clay, Cameron and Naomi. Vince McMahon appears on the big screen and tells them to dance up the ramp so he can give the State of WWE Address. Vince has the music played again as everyone dances out of the ring. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Vince McMahon to give a State of WWE Address. Vince heads to the ring to a big pop from the crowd.
Vince says the state of WWE is an invisible little boy dancing in the ring. He says there’s room for that in WWE with other stuff like goat faced vegans, masked luchadores and more. Vince says the most important thing in WWE is the action. The fans want to see the best of the best. He’s interrupted by the music and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk with Paul Heyman right behind him. Punk mocks Vince as he heads down the ramp.
Punk is wearing his new yellow t-shirt and Vince calls it ugly. Punk circles around Vince and stops. Vince says Punk is disrespecting him by interrupting his address. Punk says disrespect is Vince out here talking about what the fans want to see and talking about the best without mentioning him. Punk says that must have been a shot at him because he wont face Cena at Hell In a Cell. Pun says the General Manager Vince hired is the one who left the decision up to him. Punk says he gave Cena a shot at Night of Champions and he couldn’t get the job done. Punk knocks the fans now and they boo him. Punk then rips into the fans who cheer him. He says people in the back don’t respect him and neither do the fans. Punk asks Vince if he respects him.
Vince respects Punk’s current title reign but doesn’t respect the fact that Punk considers himself a “Paul Heyman guy.” Vince says he’s not a “CM Punk guy.” Punk is glad Vince found his grapefruits and can say that to his face. Punk says Vince should be a Punk guy because Punk is the best in the world. Punk says he used to just be a spoke on the wheel but now he’s the wheel. Punk says he’s the best thing that’s ever happened to WWE and he’s the best thing Vince has right now. Punk gets in Vince’s face now. Heyman tries to calm Punk down but can’t. Punk says Vince should be on his knees right now. Punk says fans don’t care about Jim Ross or Jerry Lawler and asks where CM Punk Appreciation Night is. Punk says maybe if he doesn’t get the respect he deserves, he will hop the rail and quit. Punk says maybe he will blow Vince a kiss but this time he’s not coming back.
Vince asks Punk if he thinks he’s the reason for all WWE’s success. Punk says he’s the reason Vince still has money to fuel up his jet. Vince says no individual makes WWE a success – the WWE Universe does. Vince says he listens to the fans everywhere, every tout, every tweet. Vince says right now the fans want someone to shut Punk’s mouth. Vince says Punk is nowhere near the caliber of Andre the Giant, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Triple H or Steve Austin. Punk says he is nothing like Steve Austin. Punk says Austin made it to the top by taking shortcuts and starts ripping into him. Punk says Austin got famous by beating up a clueless and inept millionaire. Punk says that clueless inept millionaire is now a senior citizen. Punk asks Vince if he’s getting mad. Punk goes on and slaps Vince in the face, knocking him to the mat. Punk exits the ring laughing as Vince gets up. Punk and Heyman head up the ramp. Vince says he should fire Punk but right now that’s too good for him. Vince says he will fire Punk unless he fights him in the ring tonight. Vince says Punk may beat his ass but he will learn about respect before the night is over. Heyman tells Punk no but Punk is smiling. Heyman says things just went wrong but Punk says they have Vince right where they want him. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see what just happened between Vince McMahon and CM Punk. Cole plugs tonight’s Social Media Ambassador Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Tag Team Tournament Match: Titus O’Neil and Darren Young vs. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara
We go to the ring and Darren Young is dancing with Titus O’Neil. Out come their opponents Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara for a semi-finals tournament match.
Young starts off with Cara and they go at it. Cara takes control and unleashes on Young. Rey tags in and they dump Young to the floor. Rey runs from the apron and splashes Young on the floor. Titus comes over but Rey ducks. Cara leaps out of the ring and takes Titus down on the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Titus is in control of Mysterio. Young comes in and they double team him. Young with a bear hug now. Young takes Cara to the top and works him over. Cara comes down with a tornado DDT. Cara tags in Rey. He comes off the top with a senton on Young. Rey knocks Titus off the apron and goes back to work on Young. Rey with a 2 count as Titus breaks the pin. Cara kicks Titus and dropkicks him out of the ring. Young goes for Cara and drops him over his knees. Rey slides out of Young’s finisher and nails 619. Rey goes to the top for the splash and the win. Rey and Cara advance to the finals.
Winners: Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara
- Paul Heyman and CM Punk are backstage. Punk wants to annihilate Vince tonight but Heyman doesn’t want a crazy billionaire trying to make their life miserable. Punk says he will win and they have nothing to worry about.
- Still to come tonight, Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see John Cena’s appearance and the segment with Punk and Vince from earlier.
Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus
We go to the ring and out comes Wade Barrett. The World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus is out next.
They lock up and go to the corners but fight out. Before they can even break, the music hits and out comes Big Show. Sheamus watches as Show walks down to ringside. Barrett backs Sheamus to the corner and works him over. Sheamus ducks a clothesline and takes Barrett to the mat. Sheamus with another headlock takedown. Sheamus with a shoulder and a pin attempt. They go back to the corner and Barrett turns it around. Sheamus comes back in with a battering ram and another headlock takedown.
More back and forth with trading shots. Barrett goes for a suplex but Sheamus blocks it and hits a suplex of his own. Sheamus with a pin attempt. Barrett slides out of White Noise but gets knocked off the apron to the floor. Sheamus goes for a kick on the apron but Barrett knocks him down and pulls him to the floor. Sheamus is down on the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re going at it. Sheamus clotheslines Barrett to the floor. Sheamus with a big uppercut. Sheamus goes to toss Barrett into the steel steps but he steps over and back kicks Sheamus in the face. Barrett poses as the crowd pops and Big Show smiles. Barrett brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. Barrett continues the assault on Sheamus and keeps him grounded on the mat now. Sheamus fights to his feet but Barrett drops him with a knee to the gut. Barrett with right hands to the face now. Barrett with knees to the front now. Barrett knocks Sheamus down on the apron with a huge boot to the face. 2 count for Barrett.
Barrett with an elbow from the ropes but Sheamus moves. Sheamus makes a comeback and knocks Barrett down several times. Sheamus with shoulder thrusts and a knee lift. Sheamus scoops Barrett but he slides out. Barrett with a kick to the gut. Sheamus blocks a pumphandle slam and throws Barrett to the floor. Barrett comes back in but Sheamus hits him with forearm shots to the chest on the apron. Out of nowhere Tensai attacks and beats Sheamus down for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Sheamus
- After the bell, Tensai and Barrett continue the beatdown on Sheamus. Big Show gets up smiling and walks over to the ring. Sheamus drops Tensai with a Brogue Kick and sends Barrett out of the ring. Show comes in and blocks a Brogue Kick. Show dumps Sheamus over the top rope and he hits the back of his head hard on the floor. Sheamus gets back in the ring ready to fight but Show walks up the ramp and to the back.
- More hype for Vince vs. Punk as the announcers argue. JR says he’s going to talk to Vince right now and gets up to walk to the back. Still to come tonight is Team Hell No vs. Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio. Back to commercial.
- Still to come, Larry King will interview The Miz.
- We go backstage and AJ Lee is there when CM Punk walks in. Punk asks if she’s given any thought to him beating up an old man on her show. Punk says he is going to break Vince. AJ says Punk is too scared to fight Cena and wonders if he’s too scared to fight Vince too. Punk says he was just giving AJ a chance to save her job but now anything that happens will be her fault. Punk walks off.
- JR is backstage looking for Vince. JBL and Cole show us footage from Cena’s earlier appearance on Live with Kelly & Michael.
Antonio Cesaro vs. Tyson Kidd
Back from the break and we see footage of Antonio Cesaro defeating Brodus Clay last week. Tyson Kidd waits in the ring as the WWE United States Champion makes his way out.
We see footage from earlier in the day where Cesaro was in the arena dissing the concession food and American fans. They lock up and go at it. Cesaro takes Kidd down and mocks him before working on the arm. Kidd goes back and forth now. 2 count by Kidd. Cesaro cuts Kidd off with a big boot and works him over in the corner. More back and forth action. Cesaro drops knees to the face and Kidd ends up on the floor.
Kidd turns it around on the floor and leaps through the ropes to take Cesaro down. Kidd brings it back in the ring for another unique pin attempt. Kidd goes on and leg drops Cesaro’s head on the apron. Kidd springboards in with an elbow drop but Cesaro moves. Cesaro lifts Kidd in the air and hits him with the big uppercut on the way down. Cesaro nails the Neutralizer for the win.
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
- Still to come, Del Rio and Ziggler vs. Team Hell No. Back to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio vs. Daniel Bryan and Kane
Back from the break and out comes Vickie Guerrero to introduce Dolph Ziggler. Ricardo Rodriguez is out next to handle the introduction of Alberto Del Rio. Out next comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan. Kane is out next.
Kane and Bryan argue to start the match. Bryan starts out with Ziggler. Ziggler drops Bryan and shows off some. Bryan turns it around and teases Kane with a tag. Ziggler works Bryan over and tags in Del Rio. Kane tags himself in and works over Del Rio in the corner. More back and forth. Ziggler comes in and Kane drops him with a right hand. Kane with more offense and a dropkick to the face. Ziggler turns it around and beats on Kane in the corner. Kane tosses him to the floor and Bryan tags himself in. Bryan leaps from the apron and hits knees on Ziggler on the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane drops Ziggler with a boot. Bryan comes in and continues the offense on Ziggler. Bryan drops Ziggler in the corner and tags him up top. Bryan with a hurricanrana but Ziggler turns it into a roll up for 2. Ziggler dropkicks Bryan. Del Rio comes in for some double teaming and a 2 count. Del Rio with a headlock now. More back and forth action with Del Rio and Ziggler in control. Ziggler shows off and hits a neckbreaker. Ziggler with another pin attempt. Del Rio comes back in with a suplex and a 2 count on Bryan. Bryan turns it around and kicks Del Rio down. Bryan misses a dropkick in the corner and Ziggler tags back in for a 2 count. Bryan fights out of a headlock and dodges a splash in the corner from Ziggler. Ziggler stops a tag and back in comes Del Rio. More back and forth. Del Rio with a backbreaker on Bryan for 2. Ziggler comes back in but Bryan trades shots with him. The end finally comes when Kane tags himself in and chokeslams Ziggler.
Winners: Team Hell No
- More hype for Vince vs. Punk. Jim Ross is backstage with Vince McMahon now. Ross talks about the JR Appreciation segment from after RAW last week. Ross said Vince called him a friend and Ross doesn’t want Vince to fight Punk tonight. Ross brings up what happened to Jerry Lawler after he faced Punk. Vince wants Ross to call his match tonight. Vince has Ross do some play-by-play right now and Vince likes it. Ross says Vince is making a mistake. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Larry King is out set up on the stage with his wife and Larry King Now co-host on Hulu Plus. The music interrupts and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz. Miz talks about it being his birthday. Miz wants Larry and his wife to sing happy birthday to him. King says nobody cares if it’s Miz’s birthday. King says he’s going to replace a boring guest with a new guest and out comes Kofi Kingston.
Kofi comes out and takes a seat. He talks about doing media for WWE and Miz cuts him off. Miz insults King and Kofi. Miz insults King and tells him to get off the stage. Miz goes no and King’s wife stands up. She tosses water in Miz’s face. Kofi attacks Miz and tosses him off the stage. Kofi leaps off the stage and takes Miz out. They brawl into the back as King and his wife wave goodbye to the fans.
- Still to come tonight, Punk vs. Vince. We get plugs for WWE ’13 before going back to commercial.
Tag Team Tournament Match: Zack Ryder and Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
The team of Zack Ryder and Santino Marella are out first followed by Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow. Cody starts things off with Ryder and takes control. Ryder with an early pin attempt. And another. More offense and another pin attempt from Ryder. Sandow tags in, drops Ryder and works him over for a 2 count. Double teaming and more offense from Sandow and Rhodes.
The end comes when Cody blocks the Cobra and hits a Disaster Kick for the win. Rhodes and Sandow advance to the finals.
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
- After the match, Rhodes and Sandow leave. Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre come out. They count to three before attacking both men. They dump Ryder out of the floor before stomping away on Santino and trying to act like rock stars.
- Vince is backstage warming up when Paul Heyman walks in. He’s here to apologize for Punk’s action. Heyman said he knew nothing about the challenge or the slap. Heyman wants to broker the peace between Vince and Punk. Vince asks if Heyman even knows when he is lying or telling the truth. Vince says Heyman has been poisoning Punk’s mind for years. Heyman says he’s here for Vince’s sake, not Punk’s sake. Heyman begs Vince to not let Punk do to him what Brock Lesnar did to Triple H. Heyman walks off.
- WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres is headed to the ring as we go to commercial.
WWE Divas Title Match: Kaitlyn vs. Eve Torres
Back from the break and Layla is on commentary. WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres makes her way out. Kaitlyn is out next. This is her title shot from Night of Champions.
The match starts and Kaitlyn unloads on Eve. Kaitlyn with an early pin attempt. Kaitlyn continues and goes for another pin attempt. Kaitlyn lifts Eve up on her shoulders for a backbreaker submission. Eve counters and takes out Kaitlyn’s leg. Kaitlyn comes back with another backbreaker but her ankle goes out. Eve takes out the leg again and goes to work on it. Eve stands on Kaitlyn’s injured ankle and continues the attack on it.
Eve with a submission in the middle of the ring now. Kaitlyn finally taps out to end it.
Winner: Eve Torres
- After the match, Eve won’t let go of the submission. Layla comes in and Eve breaks it. Layla checks on Kaitlyn as Eve acts like she’s concerned. Layla shoves Eve into the ropes. Eve plays nice and heads to the back.
- Alberto Del Rio is backstage walking with Ricardo. Josh Mathews shows a tweet from Randy Orton where he says he’s coming to SmackDown. Del Rio doesn’t want to hear about it. Del Rio gets upset when he hears Orton will be at SmackDown and walks off. Back to commercial.
- Larry King is backstage walking with his wife. Daniel Bryan walks up. Bryan needs advice on people calling him a goat face. Bryan hits on King’s wife but she doesn’t make a habit of dating trolls who live under bridges. King tells Bryan he should just accept the nickname. Kane comes up and they start arguing. King and his wife have already walked off.
- Punk is backstage warming up. Heyman is still trying to talk him out of the fight with Vince. Heyman has an idea – Punk delivers such a beating to Vince that he’s helpless and hopeless so bad that he can’t make another decision for the rest of his life. Punk says he’s going to victimize Vince and enjoy every second of it. Back to commercial.
Vince McMahon vs. CM Punk
Back from the break and out comes Vince McMahon to the ring. CM Punk attacks from behind and beats him down in front of the ring. Punk wails away on Vince and beats him while he’s down. Punk rolls Vince in the ring. Vince stands up and spears Punk with a tackle. Vince with right hands. Punk rolls over and mounts him with right hands. Vince rolls back over for more offense. Punk drops Vince with a kick to the head and the bell still hasn’t rang yet.
It appears Vince is bleeding now. Punk tosses him out of the ring and follows. Punk slams Vince’s head into the announcers table a few times. Punk snatches Cole’s headset, yells something at Vince and slams his face into the table again. Punk scoops Vince and walks with him on his shoulders but Vince slides out and shoves Punk into the ring post. Vince’s eye is messed up also. Vince tosses Punk over the top of the announce table. Vince grabs a mic and says now he’s going to teach Punk about respect. Vince leaps over the table and attacks Punk. Vince beats him repeatedly with the microphone. Vince with a low blow now. Vince brings it back in the ring.
Vince goes under the ring and brings out a kendo stick. Punk retreats and crawls out of the ring. Vince dares Punk to come back in. Punk tells Heyman to bring him the belt. Vince cuts Heyman off and grabs the belt. Vince slaps Heyman to the floor. Vince climbs back in the ring with the kendo stick and the WWE Title belt. Vince drops the belt and dares Punk to come get it. Punk comes towards the ring and Vince swings. He tries to get back in but Vince won’t let him. Punk grabs his own kendo stick from under the ring now. Punk enters the ring but Vince wails away. They trade a bunch of kendo sticks but Punk ends up on his knees begging Vince. Vince charges but Punk uppercuts him below the belt. Vince goes down and Punk starts laughing.
Punk beats Vince with both kendo sticks and throws them away. He calls for GTS and grabs Vince for the mover but Ryback’s music hits and out he comes. Ryback hits the ring and Punk quickly retreats. Punk turns around and there is John Cena. Cena throws Punk in the ring and Ryback levels him with a clothesline as the crowd erupts. Ryback grabs Punk for Shellshocked but Punk slides out and escapes. Punk grabs his WWE Title belt and runs through the crowd with it. Vince grabs the mic and hopes Punk learned something about respect tonight. Vince tells Punk it’s decision time and calls him a creep. It looks like Punk hits a fan in the crowd. Vince says at Hell In a Cell, Punk faces either Ryback or John Cena. Vince gives Punk until next Monday to decide or Vince will decide for him. No Chance hits and RAW goes off the air.