– Here are some interesting stats for WWE in 2011:
- John Cena appeared in 11 out of 13 WWE pay-per-view main events in 2011. CM Punk had the second-most pay-per-view main event matches in 2011 with 7. The Miz and Alberto Del Rio followed with 5 pay-per-view main events while R-Truth had 4.
- Randy Orton appeared in 35 main events on WWE TV throughout 2011, beating John Cena who had 27 TV main events. Christian came in third with 22 TV main events, Alberto Del Rio and R-Truth with 19, CM Punk and Sheamus with 18, Mark Henry with 17 and a four-way tie with Daniel Bryan, The Miz, Tyson Kidd and Dolph Ziggler appearing in 16 TV main events.
– Stephanie McMahon will appear on Heavy Muscle Radio with Dave Palumbo and Chris Aceto tonight (Monday) at 8:00 p.m. to discuss her workout regime and growing up in a WWE family. The podcast will be available at RXMuscle.com.
Palumbo, who helped McMahon get in “the best shape of her life” after giving birth to three children, stated on the RXMuscle.com forums that more photo shoots displaying her new trim figure are planned. Chris Zimmerman, who shot her workout pics, praised her kindness.
He wrote on RXMuscle.com, “When Dave asked me to shoot Stephanie and told me just what a genuinely nice person she was, I said sure…But still was not ready for how truly nice she was.
“I grew up watching her family. I guess shows like TMZ kinda brainwashed me that stars don’t want to be bothered by “us normal folk.”
– There is a story going around the sports media on former NFL players suing the league, regarding concussions suffered on the field having an effect leading to significant mental issues later in life. Many feel that if the suit is successful that both WWE and the UFC could face similar suits down the line.