Big Backstage RAW News: Rock Plans, Cena Chaos, More
– The feeling over the weekend was that CM Punk would face Daniel Bryan again tonight on RAW, airing live from Portland, Oregon.
– There is said to be a ton of anticipation among WWE talent and crew for The Rock’s promo tonight on RAW. Everyone wants to see how he responds to Cena’s semi-shoot promo from last week. Literally only a handful of people in WWE know the plan for The Rock tonight. Rock arrived in Portland last night to rest up and prepare for tonight’s show.
– Locally advertised for tonight’s show are Kane vs. John Cena, and CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler. These are likely dark matches.
– John Cena was scheduled to wave the flag at today’s NASCAR Daytona 500, which has been pushed back to 7 PM ET due to rain. While there hasn’t been an official announcement, it is safe to assume that Cena has been forced to pull from the NASCAR event due to tonight’s RAW. The Daytona 500 was originally to take place a noon, Cena would have waved the green flag and then immediately headed to an airport near Daytona. He’d fly out of Daytona and get to Portland just a few hours before RAW, then take a limo/car to the Rose Garden Arena arena, quickly review the script and then appear live. With the race being pushed back to 7 PM, it would be almost impossible for Cena to make both appearances, and it’s believed that RAW takes priority. Sources close to Cena tell The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that an already chaotic day for Cena has been made even more chaotic with the news of the race’s delay.
– Here’s the official promo video for tonight’s RAW: