HBK Shares A Macho Man Memory, Disturbing Wrestling Death Stats
– Shawn Michaels made the following comment on his Twitter account: “Greatest advice from “Mach”- I was angry & wanted to leave WWE. He said, Don’t take urself out of the game. If ur still here…there’s always a chance. If ur gone, there is no chance. It was then I determined never to leave. Stay in the “game” & there’s hope.”
– “Stone Cold” Steve Austin is scheduled to appear on NBC’s Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on Friday night at 12:30.
– Daniel Bryan turns 30 years old today, Husky Harris turns 24.
– Paul Bearer will be appearing at Sports Heroes and Legends 10 Giffords Lane Staten Island, New York on Friday July 22 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
– Following Randy Savage’s passing on Friday due to an automobile accident in Seminole, Florida, a report was conducted comparing WWE wrestler death stats to similar sized samples in other fields of sports and entertainment.
The report states that of the 51 talents who appeared at the 1991 WWE pay-per-view WrestleMania VII, 14 have died prematurely—”The Texas Tornado” Kerry Von Erich, Dino Bravo, Andre the Giant, Joey Marella, “The British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith, Mr. Perfect, Miss Elizabeth, Hawk, Hercules, Big Boss Man, Earthquake, Sensational Sherri, Crush and Randy Savage. This list does not include Gorilla Monsoon (62, natural causes) and Lord Alfred Hayes (76).
By comparison, all of the 44 professional football players who started on both offense and defense at Superbowl XXV between the Buffalo Bills and the New York Giants remain alive.
For professional boxing, of the 44 boxers to hold a major world championship in 1991 (WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO), two are dead.
Of the 50 musicians to perform at the 1991 and 1992 Monsters of Rock festivals in England (an annual music festival which would attract the biggest names in hard rock and heavy metal music), all remain alive.