Jimmy Snuka Talks About Tamina, His Nixed WWE Title Run, Hogan & More
Arda Ocal of theScore Television Network and the Baltimore Sun recently spoke with WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka. Highlights:
- Why he decided to write an autobiography (“Superfly: The Jimmy Snuka Story”) and open up about his use of drugs, adultery and pains in pro wrestling
- His ankle being healed and still taking bookings and wrestling
- His thoughts and feelings on what happened to his daughter Tamina in WWE:
“I taught both her and my son. At first they were using her pretty good, but all of a sudden they start (having her lose) and I thought ‘what’s going on here’? She hurt her wrist and was out for a while and now she’s back again. She looks better than ever and I’m so proud of her. I tell her to put only one focus in your mind and take care of #1 and that’s it”.
- A possible return to WWE for his son Jimmy Snuka Jr.?
- The story on how Jimmy Snuka gave The Rock “The People’s Eyebrow”
- How Snuka was supposed to become WWWF champion, beating Bob Backlund, and he initially postponed the idea but it never happened
- How he was supposed to turn heel and main event WrestleMania with Hulk Hogan and why that was squashed:
“Vince McMahon came up to me and said ‘we want you to turn heel’. I said ‘OK, what’s up brudda?’ and Vince said he wanted me to wrestle Hulk Hogan and I said I loved it. I heard that Hogan later that ‘I don’t want to wrestle with that crazy maniac.’ But I loved him anyway.”