Jimmy Snuka Talks About Inspiring Mick Foley To Wrestle, His Superfly Splash
WWE Hall of Famer “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka was a guest on IYH Wrestling Radio This Week. Here are some highlights of what he said about:
Inspiring Mick Foley To Be A Wrestler: “It was a great thing when I got to meet him. He was a grown man and wanted to get into the business and everything else. He’s such a fantastic kid and such a humble guy…I love that guy; he’s really down to earth.”
Why His Superfly Splash Still Stands Out: “Well, it’s about loving what I do. When I go in the ring, they always have this thing in their minds ‘Is he going to fly?’ That’s the most beautiful thing that I always had. I had to do it; I don’t have a choice because that’s what I created in my career. My love to the fans varies to make them go home happy.”
Other topics discussed included:
– How much does he think Roddy Piper meant to the legacy of Jimmy Snuka?
– Would he wrestle a different style depending on which territory he was in?
– Of his three feuds in the WWF (Roddy Piper, Don Muraco, and Ray Stevens), which one was his favorite?
– Is he proud of seeing his daughter (Tamina) in the WWE?
– Did he sense any jealousy from Hulk Hogan during the 80’s?