JR Blog: Swagger Stepping Up, The Rock’s Future, NXT, More
Jim Ross is back with a new blog over on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
- @TheRock says that he ‘might’ have wrestled his last match. I say its not the season for ‘mights’ and that a performer/athlete like Dwayne Johnson goes out on his terms and not because of a fixable injury.
- If I were the NXT talents I’d add a little sauce to my meal this Thursday night at Full Sail University for the TV tapings. The next call ups should be all that those kids should be thinking about and more specifically, am I on that list?
- I’m not planning on doing a podcast at this time but will be a guest on @steveaustinBSR podcast in the future.
- Some fans still believe that a TV rating, specifically TV14, is what makes a wrestling show either good or not. Some fans continue to clamor for WWE to return to a TV14 rating but I don’t see it happening. What made the Attitude Era successful was the talent roster that was dotted with main event level, hungry, competitive athletes who had no issue pushing a peer out of the way to get to the main event level and then fight like hell to stay there. I contend that great talents can make PG rated TV be ultra successful over the long haul if the presentation is smart and strategic.
- I see @RealJackSwagger stepping up his game, especially lately, and @WWEZeb deserves much of the credit. Even a pet coon goofy blind man can see that Swagger is a great athlete but there is more to becoming a star in ring performer than just athleticism of which many of us covet. It’s the intangibles such as in ring psychology that must also be in place. The veteran Zeb looks to be an excellent tutor for the former Sooner wrestling all American.