JR Blog: WWE Performance Center, Jake Roberts Relapsing, More
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
- The new, WWE Performance Center will have its official grand opening, by invitation only and not open to the general public, on Thursday July 11. The 26,000 square foot facility will rival any training facility in the NFL or the best of division one athletic programs. There will be 7 rings available along with top of the line production facilities including a room that talent can work on their verbal skills that one can do on their own and then send the promo to a work station for review with their peers and/or coaches. There will be a voice over room that the talents plus the on air announcers can use to practice. The Performance Center facility will be manned by a full time strength and conditioning coach, the most up to date work out equipment available, fulltime athletic trainers, physical therapists and an on call/on site physician. I see our NXT talents arriving in the morning and leaving in the early evening most days much like one would expect a NFL team to do during the pre season especially.
- Loving the WWE Title MITB match which, as has been pointed out to me repeatedly, is loaded with ‘fan favorites.’ Who cares? The men in this match are ‘stars’ and some do have personal issues, Bryan/Orton, plus new issues can certainly come out of the MITB Ladder Match coming up on PPV. That’s the general idea as a rule especially with Summer Slam on the horizon.
- Waiting for the proverbial shoe to drop, so to speak, as to when the Wyatt Family will debut in WWE and what and who will be the focus of their early tenure. I don’t necessarily see them as a three man unit ala the Shield but that will likely be the way they begin their WWE journey TFN.
- Really admiring the work that DDP is doing trying to do to help so many people with his yoga program notwithstanding his devoted work with Jake Roberts and Scott Hall. Addiction is a minute by minute battle and I think positive thoughts for these afflicted albeit talented men every day and hope that they follow the plan that is essential for them to get healthy.
- Apparently Jake Roberts had a relapse recently and hopefully it will be his last. The odds are that it won’t be but Jake has the intellect and hopefully the desire to defy the odds and make this sobriety thing work for him. He, along with Scott Hall, have WAY too much to offer and the time left to accomplish great things if they can get to where I know that they want to be and that is clean and sober. The alternative is unfortunately a slow, or not, agonizing death that does further damage to one’s family and friends.