WWE Fastlane 2016 took place on Sunday, February 21st at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. Michael Cole announced there are 14,446 fans in attendance.
– Kalisto def. Alberto Del Rio: After brawling both inside and outside the ring, Kalisto jumps off the fan barrier at ringside towards Del Rio. Del Rio smacks Kalisto out of the air with a steel chair, which secures the first fall of the 2-out-of-3 falls match for Kalisto via DQ
Back in the ring, Del Rio works quickly and hits a stomp on Kalisto for the 1-2-3 and his first fall of the match.
Del Rio keeps control and takes Kalisto to the corner trying to remove his mask. Del Rio takes Kalisto to the outside and hits some offense before rolling back into the ring and leaving him out there. Kalisto gets back in the ring at the referee’s 9-count, and Del Rio once again turns Kalisto upside down in the Tree of Woe. Del Rio misses the stomp, and Kalisto drops Del Rio into the turnbuckle and rolls him up for the win.
Winner & still United States Champion: Kalisto
WWE Fastlane 2016:
– Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch def. Tamina Snuka and Naomi: WWE’s second annual Fastlane broadcast will start with Divas tag team action. The match starts and Becky and Sasha are already arguing with each other. The eventually start working together and hit a double dropkick on Tamina. Naomi gets the tag and hits a series of kicks on Becky. Becky comes back with a suplex that sends Tamina to the outside, and all four women start fighting at ringside. Back in the ring, Becky lays out both Tamina and Naomi with a missile dropkick off the top. Tamina misses a clothesline and Sasha drops her into the Banks Statement. Naomi runs in but Becky stops her and applies the Disarm Her at the same time. Both members of Team BAD tap out.
Winners: Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch
– Kevin Owens def. Dolph Ziggler: They lock up and Owens takes control with a quick headbutt that drops Ziggler. Owens misses a splash in the corner and Ziggler mounts a comeback with two big splashes of his own. Ziggler with rights hands, elbows and a neckbreaker for a close 2 count. Ziggler goes up top but Owens drops him on his crotch and his a cannonball for a close 2 count. Owens takes the action to the outside and tries to powerbomb Ziggler on the floor, but Ziggler reverses and hurricanranas Owens into the steel steps. Back in the ring, Ziggler hits a fameasser for another 2 count. Ziggler attempts the Sweet Chin Music, but Owens avoids it, throws him off the ropes, and hits the pop-up powerbomb for the 1-2-3.
Winner & still Intercontinental Champion: Kevin Owens
– The Big Show and Ryback are in the back talking about the Wyatt Family. They are eventually joined by Kane, who says they will send the Wyatts “straight back to hell.” A video package airs showing the history between The Wyatts, Big Show, Kane and Ryback.
– Kane, The Big Show & Ryback vs. Erick Rowan, Luke Harper and Braun Strowman: Ryback and Rowan are in first, with Ryback getting the majority of the offense and hitting a dropkick for a 1-count. He tags in The Big Show, who starts laying into Rowan with chops in the corner. Ryback tags back in but eats an elbow from Rowan before Braun gets the tag. Braun takes control of the match with elbows and slams until Rowan gets tagged back in. Rowan attempts a suplex on Ryback, but Ryback blocks and hits one of his own. Kane gets the tag and lays out Rowan with a DDT and a dropkick for a 2 count. They brawl on the outside in front of Bray, who is sitting in a chair in front of the announcers’ table. Back in the ring, Harper and Ryback get the tags. Ryback hits several flying knees to the face on Harper in the corner. Ryback hits a few running powerslams and goes for the pin, but Rowan breaks it up. Kane comes in and chokeslams Rowan. Harper runs in, but Show gorilla press slams Harper to the outside and on to his teammates. Show goes to ringside and spears Braun.
Bray runs in on Ryback, but Kane lays him out. Ryback hits the Shellshocked on a distracted Harper for the win.
Winners: Ryback, Big Show and Kane
– Brie Bella vs. Charlotte: Ric Flair is out with Charlotte. The two competitors go back and forth in the opening moments until Brie lays Charlotte out and imitates her father’s strut and “Wooo!” Charlotte comes back and throws Brie to the outside, then mocks Daniel Bryan’s “Yes!” motions before saying “where’s your sister now?” Back in the ring, Charlotte goes for an Alabama Slam but Brie reverses into a sunset flip for a 2 count. They trade submission holds for several minutes. Charlotte misses a big boot and Brie comes back with some strikes for a 2 count. Brie hits a dropkick off the top rope and starts selling a leg injury. She hits multiple kicks on Charlotte then an X-Factor for another 2 count. Charlotte comes back and goes for the Figure 4, Brie gets out and eventually locks her in a single leg Boston Crab. Charlotte gets out and locks Brie in the Figure 8 for the victory.
– We see a video package about AJ Styles’ WWE debut, including clips from him in WCW. Backstage, Chris Jericho talks about his two previous matches with AJ Styles.
– AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho: They trade holds early on until Jericho rolls to the outside to avoid the Calf Crusher. The crowd is dueling “AJ Styles” and “Y2J” chants. Back in the ring, Styles reverses an attempted Walls of Jericho with a hurricanrana. AJ follows up with a knee drop for a 2 count. Jericho goes up top and comes off with a punch to the face of AJ. AJ gets up and answers with a dropkick. AJ takes control of the match until Jericho sends him to the outside after a back body drop and a clothesline. Jericho throws him into the fan barrier then takes things back in the ring for a cross body block off the top for a 2 count. Jericho misses a splash in the corner and falls to the outside. Styles attempts a dive over the top to the outside, but Jericho catches him with a kick. Jericho hits a splash over the top on Styles for 2. Styles comes back with clotheslines and a forearm strike. Styles hits his patented springboard moonsault-into-a DDT, although they didn’t quite execute it perfectly. Styles misses a dropkick and Jericho hits the Lionsault for a 2 count. Jericho goes for a superplex but AJ gets out. He goes to the apron to springboard off the top rope, but Jericho catches him in mid-air with a springboard dropkick. Styles sits Jericho on the turnbuckle. Jericho slaps him in the face, and AJ answers with a Pele kick. He goes for a hurricanrana off the top but Jericho reverses into a powerbomb and a Walls of Jericho. Styles reaches the ropes, so Jericho throws him to the outside. He locks the Lion Tamer in on AJ at ringside, then rolls back into the ring. Styles climbs back in and walks right into a Codebreaker, but reaches the ropes to break the pin. Jericho wastes some time and calls Styles a “stupid son a bitch,” which receives some censorship on the WWE Network broadcast. Styles comes back and hits the Styles Clash but Jericho kicks out. Styles locks Jericho in the Calf Crusher and Jericho taps out.
Winner: AJ Styles
– AJ is celebrating his victory in the ring and is confronted by Chris Jericho. They end up shaking hands and Jericho walks to the back while Styles’ music plays.
– Edge and Christian are out to the ring next to interview The New Day. The New Day comes out and mix it up with E & C before they start cutting a promo on The League of Nations. This brings out Sheamus, Rusev, Del Rio and Barrett. The New Day heads to the back and the League starts talking trash to Edge and Christian. E & C tell them the ring is all theirs and they head to the back. They dance with The New Day on the ramp and tell people to watch their show after Fastlane on the WWE Network.
– R-Truth vs. Curtis Axel: They trade offense until the other Social Outcast members get involved and give Axel the advantage. Goldust slowly walks down to the ring and trips Curtis Axel when both the referee and R-Truth are distracted. Goldust lays out members of the Outcasts at ringside. Goldust throws Adam Rose in the ring which distracts Truth and allows Axel to roll him up for the quick win.
Winner: Curtis Axel
Goldust apologizes to Truth in the ring after the match and Truth walks to the back, leaving Goldust alone in the ring.
– Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose: As soon as the bell rings, Lesnar beats down on Ambrose in the corner until Ambrose climbs out of the ring. He hits Reigns with two German suplexes, and lays out Dean Ambrose with a clothesline. Ambrose hits a missile dropkick off the top to the back of Lesnar when Lesnar is preoccupied with Reigns. Ambrose attempts a German suplex of the his own on Lesnar but it doesn’t work, and Lesnar tosses him with a belly to belly suplex. Reigns pulls Lesnar to the outside. Ambrose attempts a suicide dive on Lesnar, but Brock catches him with a belly-to-belly on the ringside floor. Back in the ring, he continues the trip to Suplex City on Reigns.
Lesnar hits an F-5 on Reigns, but Ambrose breaks up the pin. Ambrose slaps Lesnar in the face, which earns him some knees to the face and several German suplexes from the former UFC Heavyweight Champ. He goes for an F-5 on Ambrose, but Reigns hits Lesnar with a spear for a 2 count. He hits the Superman punch on Lesnar, and Lesnar rolls to the outside. Lesnar goes to F-5 Reigns through an announce table, but Ambrose makes the save with a legal low blow. They remove the monitors from the Spanish announce table and powerbomb Lesnar through it. Ambrose lays out Reigns and throws him in the ring.
Ambrose hits a bulldog and flying clothesline on Reigns for a 2 count. Ambrose and Reigns brawl in the ring until they notice Brock Lensar getting up and decide to double-team him. Ambrose starts stripping the English announce table and they powerbomb him through that one too. They bury Lesnar in broken table parts, then go back to fighting each other. Reigns hits the Superman punch on Ambrose but misses the spear. Ambrose hits the Dirty Deeds for 2. Reigns lifts Ambrose up on to his shoulders, then out of nowhere Brock Lesnar runs in and hits a German suplex on Reigns while Ambrose is still on his shoulders, which sends both men flying. Reigns comes back with a spear on Lesnar, but Lesnar quickly puts Reigns in a Kimura lock. Ambrose brings in a steel chair and starts pummeling Lesnar with it, then gives Reigns a few chair shots for good measure. Lesnar rolls out of the ring, and Reigns hits a spear on Dean Ambrose for the 1-2-3.
Winner: Roman Reigns
Reigns celebrates in the ring as fireworks go off. Triple H’s music hits and The Game walks down to the ring in a suit with his title belt. They stare each other down in the ring and look up at the WrestleMania sign on the ceiling.