The May 30, 2016 episode of WWE RAW takes place from the Resch Center in Green Bay, WI. Tonight’s special Memorial Day edition of RAW will feature the return of John Cena, and tag-team action between The Dudley Boyz vs. Enzo & Big Cass. The final Money In The Bank ladder match participant will also be decided tonight.
– RAW kicks off with a brief Memorial Day tribute to the fallen soldiers. Shane and Stephanie McMahon come out to open up the show, and they’re quickly interrupted by the New Day, who are curious about the new brand split. The New Day is concerned that Shane & Stephanie will break up the team between the RAW and SmackDown rosters. The Tag Team Champions tell Shane and Stephanie to have a dance challenge to decide who runs RAW and who runs SmackDown. Shane accepts on both of their behalf, and he dances first. Stephanie goes second, but before she can start the Vaudevillains come out to interrupt, and we have a match.
– The New Day def. The Vaudevillains via DQ: Kofi and Big E are representing the New Day in this one. After some early offense by the Tag Champs, the Vaudevillains take control and slow things down. The finish comes early when Anderson and Gallows interfere and beat down the New Day.
– The Big Show gives Apollo Crews a pep talk backstage. Crews says he doesn’t know why Sheamus picked on him, but he’s going to regret it.
– The Usos vs. Tyler Breeze & Fandango: R-Truth comes out with Goldust to be on commentary for this one. The Usos get the quick win with a crucifix rollup. After the match, all hell breaks loose at ringside between Breeze & Fandango vs. The Golden Truth. Goldust and R-Truth get the upper hand and lay out Breeze and Fandango.
– Roman Reigns comes out to address the WWE Universe about Seth Rollins. Rollins comes out to the stage with a mic, but he drops it and starts to walk to the ring. As he gets closer, he decides against it and heads to the back. He teases hitting the ring a few times, but decides against it. Rollins picks up the mic and goes to say something, but again decides against it and heads to the back. Roman Reigns’ music hits and he holds up his belt in the ring. Rollins runs out again, but still doesn’t get in the ring.
– Rusev def. Zack Ryder: Rusev hits a knee to start things off and dominates with suplexes. Rusev gets the quick win via submission with the Accolade. Titus O’Neil comes out after the match and lays out Rusev. Titus leads the crowd in a USA chant as Rusev walks to the back.
– In the back, we see Stephanie McMahon cutting a promo on Charlotte and telling her she’s a waste of talent.
– Enzo & Big Cass def. The Dudley Boyz: The Dudleys start things off with most of the offense. Enzo goes up to the top rope for a comeback but Bubba crotches him on the top turnbuckle. Big Cass gets the hot tag and hits the Empire Elbow on D-Von. Bubba gets the tag and they give Cass a reverse 3D for a 2 count. Cass throws Bubba off the top rope then tags in Enzo. They hit the Rocket Launcher for the win.
– The champ is here. John Cena hits the ring to make his long-awaited return to RAW. Cena cuts a promo about Memorial Day and leads the crowd in a USA chant. After he’s done speaking, AJ Styles’ music hits and The Phenomenal One comes out. AJ cuts a brief promo and shakes hands with Cena. Their hand shake is quickly interrupted by Gallows and Anderson. Gallows and Anderson say AJ is sucking up to Cena and step closer towards the ring. AJ and Cena get ready to square off against The Club, but then AJ lays out Cena from behind and all three of them take turns beating down Cena. AJ, Gallows and Anderson stand tall over Cena’s motionless body and do the Kliq hand salute. As they’re walking to the back, AJ runs back in the ring and continues the beat-down on Cena. Anderson says “that’s the AJ we know and love.” AJ runs back into the ring again and continues pummeling Cena. They head to the back as referees check on Cena, and AJ once again heats the ring for another beat down.
– Dana Brooke def. Natalya: Charlotte comes out with Dana. After a distraction by Charlotte, Dana hits a Michinouku Driver for the win in a very quick match. Dana and Charlotte beat down Natalya until Becky comes down for the save. Charlotte and Dana exit through the crowd.
– Baron Corbin def. Dolph Ziggler via DQ: Ziggler comes out in amateur wrestling headgear. As soon as the match starts, Ziggler kicks Corbin in the groin for revenge from Extreme Rules and disqualifies himself.
– In the back, Chris Jericho tells Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio that they should make sure Sami Zayn, Cesaro and Dean Ambrose are hurt going into Money In The Bank
– Dean Ambrose & Cesaro & Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens & Alberto Del Rio: Del Rio and Cesaro start off with back and forth action. Del Rio, Owens and Jericho are arguing among each other on the outside when Sami Zayn comes flying over the top rope down onto all three of them on the floor. The heels make a comeback during the commercial break and Owens goes to work on Zayn. Jericho gets the tag and Zayn hits a Blue Thunder Bomb. Ambrose gets the tag and throws Jericho outside, then hits a suicide dive onto Y2J. There is some in-fighting among the heels which leads to Ambrose hitting the Dirty Deeds on Owens for the win. The babyfaces celebrate in the ring as RAW goes off the air.