– There is reportedly a lot of pressure on Sin Cara to deliver on RAW. He’s been pegged as the next Rey Mysterio for obvious reasons.
– The Miz’s concussion is legitimate. According to a backstage source, he suffered it when he hit his head on the cement after he went over the barricade.
– USA issued the following press release yesterday:
WWE DELIVERS 12 MILLION UNIQUE VIEWERS TO USA MONDAY NIGHT
NEW YORK, NEW YORK – April 6, 2011 – USA Network’s night of WWE programming this past Monday garnered a combined 12 million unique viewers the night after Wrestlemania XXVII. This historic night brought in the most watched WWE HALL OF FAME induction ever, another huge night for WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW and USA’s most popular reality launch ever with WWE TOUGH ENOUGH.
* The 2011 WWE HALL OF FAME induction made USA the top cable network in the 8pm hour among P18-49 (1.69 million), P25-54 (1.79 million), and total viewers (3.36 million)—the best numbers ever for the annual gala. This year’s induction class was headlined by Shawn Michaels “The Heartbreak Kid”
* WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW averaged more P18-49 (2.90 million) and P18-34 (1.42 million) viewers than any other program in basic cable prime. WWE Raw was the top entertainment option for the night in all of television, broadcast or cable, among M18-34 and M18-49, placing second only to Dancing with the Stars in total males.
* In WWE MONDAY NIGHT RAW’s 9pm-11pm time period it was the top entertainment choice for M18-34 and M18-49 in all of television, broadcast or cable, outperforming FOX head to head among P18-34, P18-49, and P25-54 total viewers and households. In the 10pm hour, WWE Raw was the top entertainment option for P18-34.
* The series premiere of WWE TOUGH ENOUGH owned the hour in which it aired (11:15pm-12:15am) as the most watched network among 18-49 (1.97 million)/25-54 (1.71 million)/P18-34 (1.06 million)/total viewers (3.33 million), and M18-34 (731,000). This was the most popular reality launch in the network’s history among P25-54, P18-49, P18-34, total viewers, and households.
USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.