Mugshot & Details: Kurt Angle Arrested For DWI
Here are some more details on Kurt Angle’s DWI arrest on Saturday night, which was confirmed by TMZ.com:
– Kurt Angle was arrested in Front Royal, VA (Warren Co.) for DUI.
– Kurt’s car was spotted by another driver on I-66 East near Linden. He was swerving between lanes. Virginia State Troopers responded to the call, pulled him over, and determined he was intoxicated. He was then taken to the Warren County Jail.
– Angle posted $2,000 bond and was released from the Warren County Jail at 3:31 a.m.
– According to our sources, Angle was texting and driving in addition to drinking.
– Kurt’s rental car was picked up by JR King of JR’s 24 hour towing in Strasburg. It was towed to an impound lot where it was picked up at some point yesterday.
Angle was previously arrested on March 25, 2011 in Grand Forks, North Dakota and charged with “being in control of a motor vehicle while intoxicated,” after failing a field sobriety test. He apparently had parked on a median. He later pled guilty to the charges and was on April 20 sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation, a chemical dependency evaluation, a $250 fine, $225 in court fees, and a ten day suspended jail sentence.
He was also arrested in 2007 for driving under the influence and careless driving, which he was eventually acquitted of due to witnesses not being able to keep their stories straight. Police followed Angle home after reports had him leaving a bar and driving erratically. When he refused to take a sobriety test, allegedly speaking openly with pills in his mouth, he was taken into custody.