New WWE Signing, Mark Henry & Batista Hang Out, More
– The theme song for WrestleMania 28 will be “Invincible” by Machine Gun Kelly. (Thanks to Cohen for sending that in.)
– WWE star Mark Henry was hanging out with Batista backstage at the Wu-Tang Clan concert in Austin, Texas this past weekend. Batista is appearing a new movie directed by Wu Tang member The Rza.
– WWE has signed independent wrestler Jody Kristofferson to a developmental deal. Jody is the son of actor and musician Kris Kristofferson.
Kristofferson impressed Triple H months ago at a tryout, even more when he found out who his father was, and word is that the deal has been in place for some time but WWE didn’t want it getting out. Jody finished up with the APW promotion in California this weekend and will likely start with FCW in Tampa next month.
– Former WWE Champion JBL wrote the following online this weekend in reply to fans asking about him making a comeback: “For those asking about a comeback-who wants to see a comeback of a guy who can talk circles around the kids and is in best shape of his life”
– It was announced on last week’s episode of WWE Superstars that wrestlers who have singles matches at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view will still be eligible for the 30-man Rumble main event. (Thanks to Barry)