WWE’s NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III took place on August 19th at the Barclay’s Center in New York City.
– Big E and Neville both separately join the Kickoff Show before Takeover begins. Neville tells us to expect more of the same from him at SummerSlam tomorrow: domination.
– Shinsuke Nakamura does an interview backstage where he predicts that Drew McIntyre will win the NXT Title tonight.
– Carmella, Sasha Banks and Lita all join the Kickoff Show panel. Sasha and Carmella talk about being back at an NXT event and their memories from previous TakeOver: Brooklyn events.
– Becky Lynch and Bayley (in an arm sling) do an interview together backstage where they talk about how amazing it is to be back at an NXT event. Becky predicts that Ember Moon will win tonight, and Bayley predicts Asuka.
– Baron Corbin joins the Kickoff Show panel and recalls his previous Takeover: Brooklyn match against Samoa Joe. Corbin predicts that Bobby Roode will win in the main event tonight.
TakeOver: Brooklyn III
– Andrade “Cien” Almas def. Johnny Gargano: Almas wrestles Gargano down to the mat and puts him in a head-scissors hold early on. Gargano fights up and comes back with a running hurricanrana and a rollup for a one count. They trade chops in the corner, and Almas drops Gargano with a running knee. Gargano comes back with a drop toe hold into the middle rope, then both men go down after a double clothesline. Both men exchange more strikes before Gargano drops Almas with a slingshot shoulder block. Gargano hits a superkick that sends Almas falling out to ringside and Gargano follows up with a suicide dive. Gargano slingshots into the ring over the top rope and DDTs Almas for a two count. Gargano goes for a slingshot spear through the ropes, but Almas catches him with a DDT of his own. Almas follows up with a tornado inverted DDT off the middle rope for a two count. The fight up to the top turnbuckle where Gargano attempts a sunset flip powerbomb, but Almas lands on his feet. Almas hits a spinning elbow to the head, then Gargano comes back with a flying head-scissors into the Rings of Saturn. Almas escapes and powerbombs Gargano into the corner. Almas follows up with a running knee to the face for a two count. Almas hits more knees, and Gargano fires back with two superkicks. Gargano drops Almas fast-first into the middle rope. Zelina Vega at ringside throws a shirt at Gargano and it distracts him, which leads to Almas hitting a dropkick. Almas follows up with his finisher for the win.
– NXT Tag-Team Championship: Sanity def. The Authors Of Pain: Killian Dain & Alexander Wolfe are representing Sanity in this one. Former NXT Tag Champ Corey Graves joins the commentary table. The AOP hit the ring and start brawling with Dain and Wolfe before the bell. The brawl spills out to ringside, and Eric Young starts setting up a table on the other side of the ring. They make it back into the ring and the opening bell sounds. The AOP start off working on Wolfe with double-team elbow and knee strikes. Eric Young hops on the apron and instructs Killian Dain that he is replacing him in this match. Young now gets involved and the fight spills out into the crowd. Back in the ring, The AOP hit a back body drop into a powerbomb on Young. The Champions take turns working on Eric Young until Wolfe gets the hot tag. Wolfe cleans house and hits a T-bone suplex on Akam, then a German suplex on Rezar. Wolfe goes up top and hits a flying clothesline on Rezar for a two count. The AOP throw Young outside and double-team Wolfe for a sit-out powerbomb. The Authors go for a top rope powerbomb on Wolfe, but Wolfe reverses into a hurricanrana then tags in Young. Young hits a neckbreaker on Rezar then goes up top. Rezar follows Young up top and attempts a superplex but Young blocks it. Akam tries to assist but ends up accidentally powerbombing his own partner. Young follows up with an elbow drop off the top rope on Rezar, but Akam breaks up the pin. Young hits a suicide dive onto both Authors, then Wolfe hits one on Rezar. Cross and Ellering get in the ring, which leads to Cross coming off the top rope onto Akam at ringside and Akam catching her. It looks like Akam is going to slam her, but instead Dain comes out of nowhere and spears Akam through the table at ringside. Back in the ring, Wolfe tags in and lifts up Rezar in a back suplex and Young comes flying off the top with a neckbreaker for the double team. Wolfe pins and scores the three count, and we have new NXT Tag Champs.
– After the match, Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish run in and attack both Sanity and the Authors. They hit a bunch of kicks, and O’Reilly hits a running Blockbuster on Young. They look at the NXT Tag Titles then leave.
– Shinsuke Nakamura and Kalisto are shown sitting at ringside.
– Bobby Roode is backstage taping up his wrists for his match later tonight.
– Aleister Black def. Hideo Itami: WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross joins the announce team for this one. Itami and Black exchange kicks in the opening minutes. Black lands one that drops Itami, and Black follows up with an elbow strike and a knee to the back of the head for a two count. Black controls the next few moments until Itami comes back with a knee to the head. Itami yells at the fans to respect him then goes back to work on Black with elbows and stomps. More kicks from Itami to the grounded Black followed by some knee drops to the head. Itami mule kicks Black in the face then sits down next to him. Black is bleeding from the nose as he gets to his feet and the two men trade elbow shots. Itami hits a DDT for a two count. Black comes back with a leg sweep and a knee to the head. Black hits a springboard moonsault off the middle rope onto a standing Itami for a two count. Itami fires off some kicks to the face of Black, then drops Black’s neck over the top rope. Itami follows up with a flying clothesline off the top for a two count. Fisherman’s Suplex by Itami for another two count. They fight up top the top rope and Itami hits a Michinoku Drive off the top. Both men slowly get to their feet and trade elbows and kicks. They trade slaps to the face, Itami hits a spinning back-fist, Black hits a knee to the face, then Itami hits the Falcon Arrow for a two count. Itami gets distracted yelling to the crowd to respect him, then he misses a lariat and Black follows up with the Black Mass for the win.
– Sasha Banks, Bayley and Becky Lynch are shown at ringside.
– Asuka and Ember Moon are backstage getting ready to come out for their Women’s Title match.
– NXT Women’s Championship: Asuka (C) def. Ember Moon: The champion and challenger brawl out to ringside early on and Moon hits a cannonball off the middle rope onto Asuka on the floor. Asuka throws Moon into the ring steps then follows up with some strikes before suplexing Moon onto the ramp. Back in the ring, Asuka continues the offense and drops Moon with an STO. Asuka grabs Moon by the arms and repeatedly stomps on her, then goes for an octopus submission hold. Moon comes back with a series of kicks for a two count. Asuka comes back with a German suplex that sends Moon into the turnbuckle. Asuka goes for the Asuka Lock but Moon reverses it into a version of the Asuka Lock of her own. Asuka escapes and hops up on Moon’s back and locks in the Asuka Lock again. Moon reverses into a pin for a two count then drops Asuka with a running lariat. Asuka comes back with the running hip attack for a two count. Asuka attempts a second one but Moon blocks it and hits a knee strike. Moon follows up with a suplex for a two count. Moon hits some knee strikes and Asuka fires back with slaps to the face. Asuka hits a knee to the face then stomps on Moon repeatedly. Moon comes back with a back suplex, then she goes up to the top rope. Asuka meets her on the top rope and attempts a superplex but Moon slides out and stomps Asuka down. Moon goes back up top and hits the Eclipse for a two count. Moon goes up top and hits a cross body, but Asuka rolls through and pins Moon. The ref sees that Asuka is holding the tights so he stops counting. They get up and Moon immediately hits a superkick for a two count. Asuka attempts an armbar and Moon gets out, so Asuka puts her in the Asuka Lock and Moon taps out.
– Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe are both shown (separately) at ringside to watch the main event.
– NXT World Championship: Drew McIntyre def. Bobby Roode: McIntyre backs Roode into the corner in the opening moments and Roode looks concerned. McIntyre and Roode trade chops to the chest in the corner, then McIntyre drops Roode and sends the champion rolling outside. Back in the ring, Roode fires up and attempts the Glorious DDT but McIntyre escapes. Roode hits a right hand and several chops to the chest before McIntyre fires back with a boot to the face. McIntyre throws Roode into the corner for some chops of his own. McIntyre hits a big boot and a vertical suplex, then he clotheslines Roode out to ringside. McIntyre drops Roode face-first across the fan barricade then elbows him in the face. Roode charges at McIntyre and McIntyre hits a tilt-a-whirl slam onto the corner of the apron. As they’re stepping back into the ring, Roode hits a neckbreaker over the middle rope and McIntyre falls outside. Roode hits a blockbuster off the apron on McIntyre on the ringside floor. Back in the ring, Roode and McIntyre trade strikes until Roode whips the challenger into the turnbuckles with authority and drops him. Roode goes up top and hits a missile dropkick for a two count. Roode goes for a sleeper but the challenger picks him up and slaps him into the corner. Roode comes back with a big boot and goes for a second one, but McIntyre catches the Champion with a belly to belly overhead suplex. Drew hits some elbows then goes to the top rope and hits a flying clothesline. Roode comes back with elbows and a knee to the face. Roode runs off the ropes but McIntyre catches him and hits the Celtic Cross for a two count. The fight up to the top rope, but Roode crotches the challenger on the top rope then hangs him down in the tree of woe. Roode takes a moment to taunt the crowd, and McIntyre takes the opportunity to pull himself up and suplex Roode off the top rope. Roode comes back with a backstabber for a two count, and both men are down. McIntyre hits the Future Shock DDT for a two count on Roode. McIntyre carries Roode up to the top rope, but Roode reverses into a powerbomb for a two count. Roode and McIntyre trade punches and chops in the middle of the ring until Roode drops McIntyre with a kick to the head. McIntyre comes back with the Claymore and pins, but Roode gets his foot on the top at two and rolls outside. McIntyre attempts to climb outside but the ref stops him. McIntyre runs and hits a suicide swanton bomb over the top rope onto Roode at ringside. McIntyre is slow to get up, but he brings the champion back in the ring before the ref’s 10 count. McIntyre goes for another Claymore but Roode catches him and hits a spinebuster. Roode goes for the Glorious DDT but McIntyre escapes. Roode runs the ropes and McIntyre goes for a tilt-a-whirl slam, but Roode reverses into a Glorious DDT for a two count. Roode hits another Glorious DDT, and then goes for a third one but McIntyre gets out. McIntyre headbutts Roode away and follows up with the Claymore kick for the win. McIntyre has won the NXT Title and celebrates in the ring with the strap as TakeOver: Brooklyn III comes to a close.
– After the match, Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish attack Drew Galloway. Cole superkicks Galloway then holds the NXT Title. Cole, O’Reilly and Fish pose in the ring as TakeOver: Brooklyn III goes off the air.