4/8/2013 RAW Report
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up from a sold out IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Michael Cole welcomes us and he’s joined by Jerry Lawler and JBL. We see some stills from last night’s WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view.
- We go right to the ring and out comes WWE Champion John Cena wearing his new t-shirt. Cena is met with a very mixed reaction.
Cena cuts one of his usual promos about WrestleMania and stops. He says he’s known the crowd for 10 years now. Some “Cena sucks” chants start up. Cena goes on about the reactions and says he’s feeling good tonight. Cena say she may do some kind of championship dance tonight. Cena teases some lame dance moves. He says how about a little “heel turn” and rotates his heel. The crowd pops and Cena says that’s what he’s talking about. Cena says a champion rose at WrestleMania. He proudly says The Champ Is Here and yells it. The crowd chants “same ol shit.” Cena says this is exactly what he wanted for his WrestleMania main event celebration. Cena says this is his celebration right now. Cena says he’s celebrating the only way he knows how – he’s fighting. Cena says let’s start the Road to WrestleMania off with a match for the WWE Title. Out comes Mark Henry.
Henry asks Cena what’s up. Henry says when you ask for trouble, it finds you. The crowd chants “sexual chocolate” and Cena says they want to have sex with chocolate. Henry says he destroyed Ryback last night at WrestleMania 29. Henry says he and Cena need to have some action. The crowd chants “feed me more” for Ryback. Cena jokes again but introduces himself to Henry. Cena cracks on Henry’s breath and says tonight, he can have a title shot. Booker T’s music hits and out comes the 2013 Hall of Fame General Manager. Booker says he can’t have Cena come out here making title matches. Booker says The Rock is entitled to a rematch. Booker announces Rock is the #1 contender to the WWE Title. Booker says Rock won’t be here tonight because he’s injured. A “bullshit” chant breaks out. Booker says he will give Henry a shot but he has to earn it. If Henry can beat Cena tonight, he will get a shot at a future date. Henry says Cena’s jokes won’t get him anything but entered into the Hall of Pain. Henry tells Cena to bring his A game and walks off.
- Still to come, The Undertaker will be here. Also, Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter will face Alberto Del Rio in a handicap match. We see AJ Lee, Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston backstage talking. Back to commercial.
Daniel Bryan vs. Big E Langston
Back from the break and out first comes Daniel Bryan. Big E Langston is out next with Dolph Ziggler and AJ Lee. Bryan strikes first and unloads on the corner. Big E powers him off and knocks him out of the air. Big E with a huge spear in the corner. Big E works Bryan over and hits another big spear in the corner. Big E dumps Bryan over his head and to the mat.
Big E goes for more offense but Bryan slides out of a hold and kicks Big E repeatedly. Bryan goes to the top but AJ distracts the referee and Dolph knocks him off the top. Kane comes over and grabs Dolph. Big E tosses Bryan out of the ring onto Kane and they both go down. Big E nails Bryan with The Big Ending for the win.
Winner: Big E Langston
- Josh Mathews is in the crowd with NFL legend Kurt Warner. They talk about his new reality TV show on the USA Network, The Moment. It starts Thursday night at 10pm.
- Still to come, Wade Barrett will get his rematch against The Miz. Back to commercial.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Wade Barrett vs. The Miz
Back from the break and Wade Barrett waits in the ring. Out comes new WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz.
Barrett strikes first and sends Miz to the corner. Barrett works him over but misses in the corner and gets clotheslined. Miz with a big kick to the face and a 1 count. Miz with a suplex and another 1 count. Barrett looks to make a comeback but Miz takes him back to the corner with right hands. Miz with another 2 count. More back and forth action. Miz throws Barrett out to the floor and dropkicks him back. Miz leaps off the apron with a double ax handle shot. Miz tosses Barrett into the fan barrier and brings it back in the ring. Miz goes to the top but Barrett moves when he comes down. Miz dumps Barrett to the apron but gets kicked in the face. Barrett hits a big neckbreaker on the apron. The crowd pops as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett hits Winds of Change for a 2 count. Barrett sends Miz to the floor then drops a big elbow. Barrett brings it back in for a 2 count. Miz finally makes a comeback and hits a high knee. He drops Barrett with a boot. Mi charges and counters. Miz hits the backbreaker but botches the neckbreaker and they bump heads. The crowd chants “you fucked up.” Miz hits the clothesline in the corner and goes up top for another double ax handle shot. Miz with a 2 count. Miz works on the leg but Barrett blocks the Figure Four. Miz goes back to the knee and nails a DDT for 2. Miz slides out of Wasteland. More back and forth. Miz catches Barrett’s leg and locks in the Figure Four. Barrett makes it to the ropes and the crowd pops.
More back and forth. Barrett goes to the corner. Miz stops him and climbs up for a superplex. Barrett struggles with him and sends Miz back to the mat. Barrett nails the Bullhammer Elbow for the win and the title.
Winner and New WWE Intercontinental Champion: Wade Barrett
- Vickie Guerrero and Brad Maddox are backstage. Sheamus comes in and he’s upset about Big Show. Vickie gives him a match against Show tonight.
- Still to come, Del Rio vs. Zeb and Swagger. Back to commercial.
- We see Booker T walking backstage. Randy Orton approaches him and congratulates him on the Hall of Fame induction. Orton takes a look at Booker’s ring. Orton wants a favor – a match against Big Show. Orton says he talked Sheamus into trusting Show and he was dead wrong. Orton wants to fix that wrong. Orton says if anyone can overrule Vickie’s match, it’s Booker. Booker makes Orton vs. Show for tonight.
Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and out comes Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter. Zeb says the country is in worse shape after last night. Zeb asks the fans for their support as he fights for his country tonight. Zeb asks the fans to chant “USA” when Del Rio comes out. They start chanting USA as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see what happened with Mark Henry and John Cena earlier tonight. Ricardo Rodriguez comes out and begins the introduction for the World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. Swagger and Del Rio lock up and go to the corner. Back and forth to start. Del Rio whips Swagger into the corner and kicks him in the back. Swagger ends up outside and Del Rio dives through the ropes and sends him into the announce table. Del Rio with a big stomp on the corner. Fans chant for Del Rio. They want Zeb to come in. Del Rio goes to the top and hits a crossbody for a 2 count. Zeb hits a cheap shot from behind on Del Rio. Swagger takes advantage and takes out Del Rio’s leg. Swagger works on the leg now. Fans chant USA now. Swagger with knees to the head. Zeb with a rake to the face. Del Rio misses the enziguri in the corner. Swagger goes for a slam but it’s countered. Swagger goes for the Patriot Lock but it’s countered. Swagger locks it in. They tangle and Del Rio ends up back on the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Swagger is still in control of Del Rio. Swagger charges in the corner and hits the ring post. Del Rio with a pair of clotheslines and a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Del Rio goes down on his injured knee. Del Rio with a superkick to the jaw and a 2 count. Swagger counters the armbreaker and slams Del Rio. Swagger with the Patriot Lock. Del Rio breaks it but Swagger re-applies it. Del Rio kicks out and turns it into the cross armbreaker. Swagger taps out to end it.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Del Rio sells the leg injury. Ricardo and a WWE trainer come in to check on him. Dolph Ziggler’s music hits and out he comes to cash in. Ziggler orders the trainer to move and the referee to start the match.
World Heavyweight Title Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio
The match is announced by Justin Roberts. The bell rings and Ziggler goes right to work beating up on Del Rio’s injured leg. Ziggler hits the big leg drop but Del Rio kicks out right before 3 and the crowd goes nuts. More offense from Ziggler. He misses a splash in the corner as Del Rio moves. Del Rio nails a massive kick to the jaw and they both go down. Del Rio with a 2 count.
Del Rio locks in the cross armbreaker but Ziggler grabs hs hurt leg and breaks the hold. Ziggler nails Zig Zag for the win and the World Title. The crowd goes nuts.
Winner and New World Heavyweight Champion: Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Ziggler celebrates with AJ and Big E to a huge pop from the crowd.
- Back from the break and the lights go out, the gongs start up. The Undertaker makes his way out to the ring.
Taker hits the ring and the crowd starts chanting his name. Taker says he dedicated his win at WrestleMania 29 to the memory of Paul Bearer. Taker is interrupted by Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. Their music hits and they appear in the crowd.
The Shield surround the ring and get on the apron. All of a sudden Kane’s pyro rocks the ring and knocks the Shield off the apron. Out comes Kane and Daniel Bryan to stand alongside Taker. The Shield backs off and exit through the crowd as Taker, Kane and Bryan stare them down from the ring.
- Still to come, Cena vs. Henry. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see how Dolph Ziggler won the World Heavyweight Title earlier.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with Ziggler and friends. Ziggler says he’s been too good for too damn long and the crowd pops. Ziggler says it’s the day after but this is his WrestleMania moment. Ziggler says he’s going to shine his title up and show it off because it’s been too long.
Santino Marella, R-Truth and Zack Ryder vs. 3MB
We go to the ring and all six men are in the ring. Truth and Slater start things off. Truth gets the upperhand and tags in Santino. Santino dances some and Slater rocks him. Ryder tags in and goes at it with Jinder Mahal. Ryder with a faceplant but Jinder tosses him to the apron. Ryder gets knocked to the floor. Drew slams him into the apron and throws him back in the ring. Drew with a big kick and a tag to Slater for some double teaming in the corner.
Drew comes back in but Ryder hits a neckbreaker. Santino comes in and goes for the Cobra but Drew grabs his arm. Santino breaks free and hits Slater with the Cobra for the win.
Winners: Santino Marella, R-Truth and Zack Ryder
- We get a video package with highlights from WrestleMania 29 Week in New York and New Jersey.
- Sheamus and Randy Orton are backstage arguing. Sheamus says he’s got this and walks off. Back to commercial.
- We see footage from the WrestleMania post-show where Big Show talked about how he’s all for himself now.
Sheamus vs. Big Show
We go to the ring and out comes Sheamus. Sheamus takes the mic and asks the fans who wants to see him kick Big Show’s arse tonight. Sheamus tells Vickie to come out and sort things. Randy Orton comes out instead. Orton says while Sheamus is practically begging for support… they have words away from the microphone. Orton says Big Show is his tonight. Orton tells Sheamus to listen and asks the fans who wants to see him kick Big Show’s ass. The crowd pops. Cole tells fans to tweet #WWEOrton or #WWESheamus to determine Show’s opponent for tonight. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton gets the win with 77% of the vote. Vickie comes out with Booker T. They announce Sheamus vs. Orton for tonight. The winner will face Big Show.
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
They lock up and go to the corner. Sheamus finally drops Orton with a shoulder. Back and forth action now. Orton drops Sheamus with a back elbow. Orton misses a knee drop and Sheamus drops a knee on him. Sheamus with a 2 count. Sheamus works on the arm now. The match is pretty slow paced. A “boring” chant breaks out. More back and forth action. A huge “RVD” chant breaks out. Orton starts to stomp on Sheamus.
Fans chant for JBL next and get him to crack a smile. They seem to not be paying attention to the match. They chant for Lawler next and Cole, believe it or not. Orton dropkicks Sheamus as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they’re finally going at it. Sheamus with the Irish Curse backbreaker for a 2 count. The crowd is doing a wave now. Sheamus with a pair of double ax handle shots and a shoulder thrust in the corner. Sheamus hits the high knee and sends Orton to the apron. Orton fights him off but Sheamus hits the series of forearm shots to the chest. Sheamus suplexes Orton in. Orton blocks White Noise and hits a backbreaker. The crowd chants for Randy Savage now. Orton with a pair of clotheslines and a powerslam. Orton with an overhead throw. Orton takes Sheamus to the apron and hits the second rope draping DDT. Orton drops down for the RKO but Sheamus blocks it. Sheamus goes for White Noise and nails it. Sheamus readies for the Brogue Kick but Orton moves. Sheamus gets hung up and falls out of the ring. Big Show’s music hits and out he comes to the ring. Show grabs Sheamus outside of the ring and throws him into the ring post. Show comes in the ring to face Orton. A “thank you Big Show” chant breaks out. Show lays Orton out with a big knockout punch and the crowd pops. Show drags Orton to the floor and sends him flying into the fan barrier. Orton gets up but Show nails a big spear in front of the announcers table. A “we are awesome” chant breaks out. Show sends Orton flying over the announcers table. Show tries to toss two announcer chairs into the ring but neither make it. Show stomps on Orton.
The crowd chants for Show to try one more chair but he ignores them. We go to replays as Show makes his way up the ramp and to the back. An official checks on Orton who is down behind the announcers table.
- Still to come, Cena vs. Henry. Back to commercial.
- We see what happened earlier between The Shield, The Undertaker, Kane and Daniel Bryan.
Fandango vs. Kofi Kingston
We go to the ring and out comes Fandango with one of his dancers. Out next comes Kofi Kingston.
The crowd is actually humming Fandango’s theme. Just a few minutes into the match, Chris Jericho runs out and attacks Fandango from behind. Jericho unloads on Fandango and hits him with chops. Jericho sends Fandango flying out of the ring. Jericho tosses him into the fan barrier and over into the timekeeper’s area. Jericho throws a chair and hits Fandango with more chops. Fandango goes face first into the announce table and then the steel steps. Jericho knocks JBL’s hat off his head. Jericho brings Fandango back in the ring and keeps up the attack. Jericho locks in the Walls of Jericho and Fandango starts tapping but Jericho won’t break the hold. A referee comes in and tries to break the hold. Out comes another referee but they can’t break it. Jericho finally breaks it and plays to the crowd. Fandango gets up but Jericho hits a Codebreaker. Jericho exits the ring and we go to replays. Fandango’s dancer comes in to check on him and he’s announced the winner.
Winner by DQ: Fandango
- His dancer hands him a mic after the match and he’s barely able to say his name but does. The crowd gives him a pop and his music plays. The crowd hums his theme again.
- We see a recap of some of John Cena’s media appearances during WrestleMania Week. Still to come, Cena vs. Henry.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with Paul Heyman. The crowd pops for Heyman. Mathews says last night was a bad night for Heyman guys. Heyman says Brock Lesnar was knocked out cold 90 seconds into the match last night but it still took Triple H 30 minutes to survive. Heyman points out Shawn Michaels getting his face smashed in by Lesnar and Triple H’s arm being hurt. Heyman says Lesnar is ready for a fight tonight. Heyman says he doesn’t let his client fight for free. Heyman brings up Undertaker vs. CM Punk. Heyman says Punk will tell everyone how he feels on next week’s RAW.
The Bella Twins, Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow vs. Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi
We go to the ring and out comes The Bella Twins, Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow for the nixed WrestleMania 29 match. Out next comes Tensai, Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi.
Back from the break and the match is already in progress. Naomi hits the Rear View on one of The Bellas. Cody tags in but before someone else can come in, she takes him down with a hurricanrana. Tensai comes in and unloads on Cody. Tensai with a big splash but Cody nails him with a Disaster Kick. Sandow comes in to take control. The Bellas hit a double butt bump to the head on Tensai. Sandow hits the Elbow of Disdain for a 2 count.
Tensai turns it around and tags in Clay. Clay runs over Sandow and splashes him in the corner. clay with a t-bone suplex for a 2 count as Bellas break the pin. Cameron and Naomi come in to take them out. Tensai comes in and goes at it with Sandow. They splash each other with Sandow in the middle. They hit a double splash on the mat and Clay covers for the win.
Winners: Tensai, Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi
Mark Henry vs. John Cena
Back from a break and out comes Mark Henry for tonight’s main event. If he wins this match, he earns a future WWE Title shot. Out next comes WWE Champion John Cena.
They go at it to start the match. Henry knocks Cena off his feet and stomps him. Henry steps on Cena’s head as the referee warns him. Henry taunts Cena and works him over. Henry whips Cena hard into the opposite corner and he goes down. Henry misses a splash as Cena rolls out of the way. Cena comes back and knocks Henry off his feet with a shoulder. Henry goes to the floor and Cena follows. Henry slams Cena’s head into the announce table. Henry takes the table apart and continues the attack, sending Cena into the ring post. Cena comes back and sends Henry into the ring post. Cena makes it in before the 10 count but Henry doesn’t. Unexpected finish.
Winner by Count Out: John Cena
- After the match, Henry comes in the ring and runs over Cena. Henry drops him with a World’s Strongest Slam. Henry holds up the WWE Title and gets some cheers. Ryback’s music hits and out he comes to a pop. Ryback hits the ring and they trade shots. Ryback with the big clothesline. Ryback with a spinebuster that sends him out of the ring. Ryback gets the fans to chant “feed me more.” Ryback turns his attention to Cena and the crowd pops. Ryback extends his hand to help Cena up and the fans boo. Ryback stares at Cena and shakes his head. Cena hits the corner to pose as the fans boo. Ryback gets the fans to chant again. Ryback drops Cena with a Meathook clothesline and the crowd pops. Ryback nails Shellshocked as the crowd cheers. Ryback tells Cena “up yours” and poses with the WWE Title. The crowd chants “feed me more” as RAW goes off the air.