Ongoing 8/6/2012 WWE RAW Results
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with the new intro video that debuted a few weeks back. We get a video looking back at last week where Big Show vs. John Cena vs. CM Punk was made for SummerSlam by General Manager AJ Lee. We go to the new RAW opening video.
– We’re live from the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. He’s joined by Jerry Lawler. Justin Roberts introduces General Manager AJ Lee and here she comes.
AJ announces Big Show vs. Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena for tonight. AJ goes to make another announcement but is interrupted by WWE Champion CM Punk. Punk comes out with his normal hair style, not the different look he had over the weekend.
Punk says he lives with no regrets but is man enough to admit his mistakes. He did something last week he wishes he could take back but can’t. Punk says he lost his temper last week and is here to apologize to AJ. Punk apologizes to a mixed reaction from the crowd. AJ accepts the apology. Punk hopes they can continue to be friends. He says AJ is bound to fall flat on her face at times as GM and make mistakes – like last week when she put him in the SummerSlam match. Punk wants her to cancel the Triple Treat at SummerSlam. The crowd chants no. AJ says that match isn’t a mistake and her decision still stands. Punk asks if this is her getting back at him for turning down her wedding proposal. Punk brings up how everyone likes him and he gets some boos. Punk says he will wrestle Show or Cena in a singles match but doesn’t want the Triple Threat. The music hits and out comes John Cena.
Cena says Punk has become one of those guys. One of the guys who comes out and demands respect every week. Cena says you earn respect, not demand it. Cena goes on and stops to flirt some with AJ. Punk talks about how he won’t be disrespected by anyone. Cena says Punk likely won’t be the champion after SummerSlam. They go back and forth on the mic until Big Show comes out.
AJ gets upset and tells everyone to stop because she won’t allow things to get out of hand on her show. She reminds Cena and Show they have matches tonight. Punk says he should be in the main event. AJ says he is but she doesn’t know who the opponent is. She’s going to let the fans pick. Fans can vote on Twitter for The Miz, Kane or Rey Mysterio. Voting begins now because the match is up first. AJ’s music hits and she skips away as the announcers go over how to vote on Twitter. #PUNKREY, #PUNKKANE OR #PUNKMIZ are the options.
– Cole shows us footage from a few months back of Brock Lesnar and Triple H going at it in the ring. Still to come, Lesnar and Triple H appearing. We go to commercial.
CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio
Back from the break and Punk waits in the ring. Jerry Lawler makes the announcement and the opponent is Rey Mysterio.
They lock up and go to the corner before breaking. Rey goes for a takedown and works on Punk’s leg. They trade holds on the mat. Rey with kicks. Rey charges in the corner but Punk moves and he hits the ringpost. Punk with a pin attempt. Punk slams Rey and drops a leg for a 2 count. Punk with a scissors now. Rey fights out but Punk catches him in a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Punk with a backdrop and another pin attempt. Punk goes up top but Rey dropkicks him out to the floor. Rey leaps from the apron with a senton and takes Punk out. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Rey goes up top with forearm shots to the chest on Punk. Punk climbs up and they fight on the corner. Punk goes for a superplex and nails it but Rey kicks out at 2. Punk goes back to work on Rey’s leg and keeps him on the mat. Punk throws Rey under the bottom rope and to the floor. Rey fights his way back in and hits a senton from the top rope. Punk stops the comeback with kicks and rolls him up. Rey rolls through with a kick to the face for a 2 count. Punk goes for GTS but Rey fights out and hits 619. Punk blocks Rey and drops him with GTS for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
– Still to come tonight, Show vs. Orton and Cena vs. Bryan.
– We see Alberto Del Rio and Ricardo Rodriguez arriving backstage in a Ferrari. Del Rio seems angry as they head into the arena. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and they air a promo video for Wade Barrett’s return. It focuses on his background as a bareknuckle fighter. He says his barrage has just begun.
– Del Rio walks in AJ’s office and compliments her. Del Rio talks about not wanting to compete until SummerSlam. She says he’s not booked anyway and walks off. Del Rio runs his mouth and she comes back. AJ books Del Rio in a match and it’s up next. Del Rio orders Ricardo off to get his bags.
– They hype Shawn Michaels appearance for tonight. Another commercial.
Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio
Back from the break and Christian waits in the ring as Alberto Del Rio makes his way out. We see footage from last month where Del Rio attacked Sheamus with the hood of a car. The bell rings and they go at it. Christian takes Del Rio to the corner and works him over. Del Rio takes it to the floor and throws Christian around and into the barrier. Del Rio brings it back in for a 2 count and goes to work on the arm.
Christian tries to make a comeback but Del Rio shuts him down. Christian fights back with a big right hand and a forearm. Christian drops down with the big right hand from the floor. He goes up top for a crossbody and nails it for a 2 count. Del Rio blocks Killswitch and drops Christian on his arm for a 2 count. Del Rio works on the shoulder now. Del Rio runs and kicks Christian in the arm before going up top. He misses the back splash. Christian readies for a spear but Del Rio superkicks him in the mouth. More back and forth as Ricardo gets involved. Del Rio applies the armbreaker for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
– After the match, Sheamus appears on the big screen. He’s backstage with Del Rio’s Ferrari. Ricardo left the keys in the car when he ran off to get Del Rio’s gear earlier. Sheamus says he’s going to drive around San Antonio and drives off in the Ferrari.
– Still to come, Orton vs. Show and that match is up next. Back to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Big Show
Back from the break and out comes Randy Orton followed by Big Show. They lock up and Show shoves Orton to the match. Show takes Orton to the corner with big body blows. Show goes for a chop but Orton fires back with right hands into the other corner. Orton with a kick and a clothesline. Another clothesline in the corner. Orton mounts Show in the corner with right hands before getting shoved off. Show with a big sideslam that stops Orton’s momentum. Show steps on Orton and gets into it with the fans at ringside.
Show taunts Orton now. Orton tries to make a comeback but Show knocks him back down and keeps him grounded on the mat. Orton finally makes a comeback but has the RKO blocked. Show drops Orton with a big chokeslam for a close 2 count. Orton gets knocked out of the ring and Show follows. They brawl at ringside. Show connects with a huge chop to the chest. Show rolls Orton back in the ring and calls for the chokeslam. Orton blocks it but Show knocks him back out of the ring. Show with more big chops on the floor as the referee counts. Show scoops Orton but Orton slides out and shoves him into the ring post. Show blocks a RKO on the floor and nails a big spear. Both men are counted out. We go to replays as they recover on the floor.
– After the match, Show brings Orton back in the ring. Show goes for the knockout punch but Orton ducks and lays him out with the RKO.
– We get a look back at RAW 1000 where Triple H and Lesnar brawled. Both men are in the building tonight, the announcers hype. Also still to come, Shawn Michaels will appear live. Back to commercial.
Ryback vs. Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins
Back from the break and Tyler Reks is waiting in the ring with his partner Curt Hawkins. Ryback is out next. We get a side video of him talking about being hungry. He welcomes Reks and Hawkins to the food chain and says feed me more. Reks starts the match off for his team. He makes some offense but Ryback scoops him and slams. Reks turns it around long enough to tag in Hawkins. Hawkins comes in and catches a big boot. Hawkins tags Reks back in. Ryback pulls him into the ring. Hawkins distracts Ryback. He turns around to big boots and a clothesline from Reks for a 1 count.
More quick tags and offense by Reks and Hawkins. Hawkins with another pin attempt after some double teaming. Ryback dumps Hawkins out to the floor on top of Reks. Hawkins comes back in and gets dropped on his back. Ryback nails the huge clothesline on Hawkins and then the Shellshocked for the win.
– Still to come, Cena vs. Bryan. Back to commercial.
Primo and Epico vs. Titus O’Neil and Darren Young
Back from the break and both teams are in the ring. AW gives his team a grand introduction and yes, he’s mic’d up again this week. Epico dropkicks Young before the bell rings. Titus starts things off with Primo and lays him out. Young tags in and they double team. Primo turns it around on Young for a 2 count. Titus comes back in and keeps the attack on Primo.
Epico comes in and goes at it with Young. Epico with dropkicks for both men and a backdrop on Young. Epico hits a trio of backdrops and Titus pulls Young out of the ring for the save. AW backs his team up the ramp until Kofi Kingston’s music hits and out he comes with partner R-Truth. Primo and Epico take advantage and bring the fight back to the ring. Epico with a Backstabber on Young for the win.
Winners: Primo and Epico
– We get a look back at RAW 1000 where DX laid out Damien Sandow. We see footage from last week where Sandow took out his frustrations on Brodus Clay. Sandow is walking backstage when Josh Mathews asks for comment about last week. Sandow says he’s obligated to rid WWE of all foolishness. Sandow vs. Clay is next.
Brodus Clay vs. Damien Sandow
Back from the break and out comes Brodus Clay with Naomi and Cameron. Clay dance son the stage but is attacked from behind by Damien Sandow. Sandow beats Clay off the ramp and to the side of the stage. Clay tries to fight back but can’t. Sandow works on the leg and appears to have injured Clay. Officials tend to Clay as we go to replays. Sandow smiles as he looks down from the ramp and taunts Clay.
– AJ is backstage in deep thought. The camera pans and we see Daniel Bryan sitting there. She says he has definite anger management issues, despite what the shrink said last week. Bryan says he’s calm now and agrees with her decision to face Cena tonight. Bryan wants the SummerSlam match changed to a Fatal 4 Way. She says he already has a SummerSlam match against Kane. Bryan gets up and yells no while AJ responds with a yes. Bryan storms off and we go back to commercial.
Kelly Kelly vs. Eve Torres
Back from the break and out comes Kelly Kelly making her return. Eve Torres is out next and apparently she was put in the match by AJ. Eve runs her mouth and pushes Kelly out of the way. Eve goes to leave the ring but Kelly brings her back in and goes to work. Kelly drops Eve in the corner and comes in with the elbow. Kelly’s stinkface sends Eve out to the floor. Eve looks to leave again but Kelly stops her. Kelly whips Eve into the barrier and she lands hard. Kelly brings it back in the ring and climbs up top. Kelly hits the crossbody but Eve kicks out at 2.
Eve makes a comeback. Kelly tries to turn it around but gets dropped on her face. Eve with a choke in the corner now. Eve takes Kelly to the mat with a headlock now. Kelly makes another comeback and this time gets the win.
Winner: Kelly Kelly
– We see footage from earlier where Sheamus took Del Rio’s Ferrari.
– More hype for Triple H and Brock Lesnar tonight. Plus, Shawn Michaels appears. Back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels to a big pop from the hometown crowd.
Shawn thanks the fans for allowing him to be part of history once again – RAW 1000. He talks about the DX reunion, calling it priceless. Shawn says he’s just fine on his ranch but when he heard RAW was coming to San Antonio, there was no way he could miss it. Shawn says the more things change, the more they stay the same. He talks about new faces backstage but the one thing that’s the same is the talk. Shawn says everyone is talking about the confrontation at SummerSlam between Triple H and Brock Lesnar. Lesnar’s music interrupts and out he comes with Paul Heyman.
Heyman takes the mic and says everyone wants to know Shawn’s opinion of the match. Heyman calls Shawn the greatest in-ring entertainer in WWE history. Heyman says Lesnar isn’t going to SummerSlam as an entertainer. He’s not going to entertain with Triple H. Brock doesn’t care about entertaining. Lesnar is going to SummerSlam to fight Triple H and to prove once again that he’s the baddest dude on the planet today, Heyman says. The crowd chants for HBK.
Shawn says he’s not here to dispute the attributes of Lesnar. Heyman chimes in but Shawn tells him not to put words in his mouth. Shawn says Triple H is acting like someone he doesn’t even know anymore. Shawn says on this day, he’s going with Triple H as the winner and he believes that so much he wants to be there and see it personally. Shawn announces he will be in Triple H’s corner at SummerSlam to watch Triple H defeat Brock Lesnar. Heyman tells Lesnar that’s the big announcement that they will replay when they look back at Triple H’s career. Heyman says it’s bad enough that Triple H’s wife and kids have to witness what Lesnar is going to do. Lesnar cuts Heyman off and takes the mic. Lesnar says the only reason Shawn thinks Triple H will win is because he’s never been in the ring with him. Until now. Lesnar drops the mic and approaches Shawn. Triple H’s music hits and out he comes ready to fight.
Heyman moves to the apron as Lesnar gets ready to fight. Triple H stands beside Shawn and also gets ready. Lesnar laughs and takes the mic. He points at Triple H and tells him he will see him at SummerSlam. Lesnar points at Shawn next and says he will see him before then. Lesnar leaves the ring with Heyman as Triple H and HBK look on. The crowd chants “you suck” as Lesnar smiles back at the ring.
– We get another look back at Sheamus taking Del Rio’s Ferrari earlier tonight. Cole shows us a Tout video from Sheamus where he’s out enjoying Del Rio’s car around San Antonio. Back to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Alex Riley
Back from the break and Alex Riley is in the ring. Chris Jericho joins commentary and he’s wearing a Ziggler t-shirt. Vickie Guerrero is out next to do the introduction of Dolph Ziggler.
Back and forth to start the match. Riley with an early pin attempt and a big arm drag. Ziggler turns things around in the corner and beats Riley down. Ziggler keeps control and taunts Jericho at ringside. Riley makes a comeback but gets dropkicked. Ziggler with a 2 count. They go on with more back and forth action. The end comes when Riley rolls him up for the upset.
Winner: Alex Riley
– After the match, Jericho films a Tout video at ringside and taunts Ziggler. Cole gets a tweet from AJ Lee that announces Kane vs. The Miz for tonight. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another Tout video from Sheamus with Del Rio’s Ferrari. Apparently he got a ticket.
Kane vs. The Miz
We go to the ring and out first comes Kane. WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz is out next.
The match starts and they go at it. Miz goes for Kane’s knee and takes him down. Miz with more offense and a DDT for a close 2 count. Miz takes Kane to the corner and stomps away. Kane comes out of the corner with big right hands but Miz takes the knee out again. Miz with a kick to the head for a 2 count. Kane makes a comeback and scoop slams Miz. Kane with a 2 count after a kick to the head. Miz goes for Skull Crushing Finale but Kane blocks it. Kane drops Miz in the corner on his face and nails the chokeslam for the win.
– Back from the break and Sheamus has pulled up with the Ferrari and it’s trashed.
Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena
We go to the ring and out comes Daniel Bryan for tonight’s main event. We see Del Rio and Ricardo backstage finding the trashed Ferrari. Del Rio blames it on Ricardo and leaves him to clean the mess up. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and The Highlight Reel is announced for SmackDown. Chris Jericho’s guests will be Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero. John Cena’s music hits and out he comes.
They lock up and Cena goes for a headlock. They lock up again and go to the ropes before breaking. Dueling chants for Cena as Bryan yells at the crowd. Bryan goes to ringside and yells at the fans some more. Bryan comes in and Cena takes him down for a headlock. More back and forth but Cena keeps control. Bryan works on Cena’s arm now. Cena powers out but Bryan escapes to the floor. Cena chases him around the ring and back in. Bryan meets him with a dropkick to the leg and Cena falls back to the floor and hits the fan barrier. Bryan runs from the apron and hits Cena in the head with a knee. Bryan yells more with fans at ringside as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan is still in control of Cena. Bryan with a big dropkick in the corner for a 2 count. Cena finally looks to turn it around with a back drop. Bryan drops Cena in the corner and kicks him in the gut for another pin attempt. Cena finally makes a comeback and hits the usual moves. He hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle but Bryan blocks the Attitude Adjustment and locks in a submission. Cena powers back and slams Bryan in the corner to break the hold. Cena goes for the STF but Bryan fights him off. Bryan rolls Cena up for a close 2 count.
Bryan with a big kick to the head and another 2 count. Bryan climbs to the top and nails a flying headbutt for 2. Bryan kicks Cena as he sits on his knees now. Cena locks in the STF out of nowhere but Bryan breaks it and goes for the No Lock but can’t get it. Cena powers Bryan up and slams him with the AA for the win.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, CM Punk’s music hits and out comes the WWE Champion. Punk hits the ring where Cena waits. Punk holds up the WWE Title. Cena points at it and here comes Big Show. Cena sees him first and pushes Punk out of the way. Cena goes at it with Show and blocks a chokeslam. Cena scoops Show for an AA but Punk gets up and knocks them both over. Cena grabs a headset on commentary and says maybe it’s his fault that people have disrespected him because he let them. Punk says he’s been smiling, kissing babies and making people happy but from here on out, he does what he does best. RAW ends the same way the last two did, the WWE Champion standing tall and proving that he’s the best wrestler in the world, Punk declares. Punk goes back in the ring and tries to kick Big Show but Show lays him out with a knockout punch. Cena gets up and Show knocks him out also. Show gets hype and raises the WWE Title. Show’s music hits as he puts the belt over his shoulder and we go to replays. RAW goes off the air with Show holding the WWE Title up high.