(Spoilers) WWE SmackDown Taping Results For January 3, 2014
– It is announced in the opener that Erick Rowan and Luke Harper of The Wyatt Family will challenge Goldust and Cody Rhodes for their WWE Tag-Team Championships on tonight’s edition of WWE SmackDown.
– The Shield come to the ring to cut a promo. They talk about how they are stronger now than they ever have been before. Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns stay in the ring, as they have a match next against The Usos.
– The Usos def. Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins via Disqualification. The DQ came when Dean Ambrose interfered. CM Punk ended up coming out to make the save for The Usos, who were being beat down by all three members of The Shield. This leads to Vickie Guerrero coming out and announcing that all six men will compete in a six-man tag-team match in the main event of the evening.
– R-Truth def. Fandango via pinfall when The Funkadactyls come out on stage to cause a distraction.
– Renee Young interviews Big E. Langston backstage. Langston talks about Brock Lesnar attacking Mark Henry. Apparently Henry challenges Lesnar, who is scheduled to return at RAW on Monday. Curtis Axel appears. Langston vs. Axel is announced for the WWE Intercontinental Championship later on tonight.
– Goldust & Cody Rhodes def. Erick Rowan & Luke Harper to retain their WWE Tag-Team Championships. This was said to be a really good match, as all Goldust and Cody Rhodes matches have been as of late.
– Nikki Bella def. Aksana in Divas singles action. Nothing special.
– Big E. Langston def. Curtis Axel in a match that was made earlier in the evening. Langston picked up the win after hitting Axel with his “Big Ending” finisher to retain his WWE Intercontinental Championship.
– CM Punk & The Usos def. The Shield in a six-man tag-team match, which served as the main event of the evening. The finish came when Punk hit his “GTS” finisher on Ambrose for the pinfall victory.
– Also during this show, Wade Barrett did a “Bad News Barrett” segment. Barrett has a new podium for his “Bad News Barrett” segments now.