(Spoilers) WWE SmackDown Taping Results For May 2, 2014
The following are spoiler results for this week’s edition of WWE SmackDown, which was taped on Tuesday night and will air on Friday, May 2, 2014 on the SyFy Network.
– Rob Van Dam def. Jack Swagger in the first official match on this week’s show. Paul Heyman and Cesaro are on commentary for this bout. Swagger ended up decking Cesaro with a sucker-punch, however Van Dam ended up getting the win by way of his Five Star Frogsplash for the 1-2-3. After the match, Cesaro attacked him..
– Alexander Rusev (with Lana) def. R-Truth via Disqualification. This was pretty much like Monday’s RAW, with Rusev dominating Truth (instead of Xavier Woods as on RAW) with Woods interfering to cause the DQ.
– Daniel Bryan, neck brace-and-all, comes to the ring for a promo segment. There were some technical issues, so we don’t have a lot in the way of details, but basically, Kane ends up interupting Bryan while he was hyping up their match at this Sunday’s Extreme Rules. Kane’s pyro went off and he appeared on the big screen.
– The Wyatt Family def. Sheamus & The Usos in six-man tag-team action. This match was set up at the end of this week’s WWE Main Event, which aired live on the WWE Network on Tuesday night. The finish here saw Bray Wyatt hit his Sister Abigail finisher on Jey Uso for the 1-2-3. After the match was over, Wyatt, Sheamus, Erick Rowan and Jimmy Uso fought outside the ring while Luke Harper demolished Jey Uso inside the ring. The match/segment ends with The Wyatt Family standing over Uso in the ring.
– Dolph Ziggler def. Damien Sandow in singles action. Sandow came out again dressed like Magneto, his superhero character from the Hugh Jackman segment on Monday’s RAW.
– Alexander Rusev (with Lana) def. R-Truth via Disqualification. This may have actually been a re-tape, as Lilian Garcia informed the Kansas City fans that Rusev demanded a rematch with Truth. The match took place, but ended up going down exactly how the first one did earlier in the evening, with Rusev beating on Truth until Woods interfered and caused the DQ.
– Big E. def. Titus O’Neil via Disqualification. The DQ finish came when O’Neil refused to break a five-count order from the referee. At one point in the match, Big E. took a big table bump. After the DQ ruling, Big E. trashed O’Neil for a while, making himself look strong heading into his title defense against Barrett this Sunday.
– Dean Ambrose def. Ryback, Curtis Axel and Alberto Del Rio to retain his WWE United States Championship in the main event of this week’s show. The finish saw Ryback nearly defeating Ambrose for the U.S. Championship, as he had the match won, but Axel pulled him out of the ring to break things up. Ambrose ended up pinning Axel to retain. After the match, all hell breaks loose, ending when all three members of The Shield hit their trademark triple-powerbomb on Ryback to close out this week’s show.