WWE SmackDown Spoilers For 12/6/2013
– Tyson Kidd def. Justin Gabriel in a dark match that was held prior to the start of the official WWE SmackDown television taping.
– WWE SmackDown officially opens with an in-ring segment. Current WWE Champion Randy Orton comes to the ring and cuts a promo on the current World Heavyweight Champion John Cena. Orton promises that he will defeat Cena in their upcoming main event match at the WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs pay-per-view. He publicly apologizes to The Authority for his comments this past Monday night on RAW. Before he can continue, Daniel Bryan comes out and interrupts him. Bryan says Orton should apologize for being a pretend champion and for not earning his title in the first place. Bryan challenges Orton to a match later in the evening on SmackDown.
– Big E. Langston def. Fandango via pinfall. This was mostly a one-sided match, which also featured Langston’s upcoming WWE TLC pay-per-view opponent Damien Sandow on commentary.
– A clip is shown of a WWE SmackDown television opener in WWE 2K14 style to promote the new video game.
– A “Bad News Barrett” segment is next. Barrett tells everyone in Tulsa that the bad news is that the WWE Universe is guillable.
– Kofi Kingston comes out and is scheduled to face Alberto Del Rio in singles action. The match never takes place, however, because Del Rio attacks Kingston from behind before the match officially begins.
– The Shield cuts a promo backstage. They seem to be in disagreement as to who gets to face CM Punk in their upcoming handicap match at the WWE TLC pay-per-view in two weeks. More tension is teased amongst The Shield members.
– Ryback and Curtis Axel def. Goldust and Cody Rhodes in a non-title match. Because of the non-title stipulation, Goldust and Cody Rhodes are still the WWE Tag-Team Champions despite the loss. This seemed to be a setup for a rematch for the titles at the upcoming WWE TLC pay-per-view, however nothing was made official at this point.
– CM Punk def. Dean Ambrose via pinfall in a non-title match. The WWE United States Champion Dean Ambrose came to the ring by himself without the other members of The Shield. Punk picked up the win after hitting Ambrose with his GTS. At no point did either Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins interfere.
– There is a quick backstage segment with Zeb Colter, Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro and Rey Mysterio. Nothing much of note here.
– Natalya def. Tamina Snuka in a Divas singles match. The current WWE Divas Champion, and Natalya’s opponent at the upcoming TLC PPV, AJ Lee, sat in on commentary during the match. Natalya ended up defeating Tamina by way of pinfall.
– Rey Mysterio and Big Show def. The Real Americans via pinfall in tag-team action. Mysterio and Show picked up the win over Antonio Cesaro and Jack Swagger when Mysterio leaped off of Big Show’s shoulders.
– Theyshow another clip from the latest sit-down interview between Michael Cole and Triple H.
– Another “Bad News Barrett” segment takes place. This time Barrett says the good news is there will be only one champion after the TLC pay-per-view. The bad news is there will be pain in the match.
– Randy Orton def. Daniel Bryan in a singles match that served as the main event of the evening. The finish came when The Wyatt Family distracted Bryan, allowing Orton to hit him with the RKO for the pinfall. Bray Wyatt again asked Bryan to join The Wyatt Family.