SummerSlam Grosses Over $1 Million, Nash, RAW News, More
– WWE has announced that SummerSlam 2011 was the highest grossing SummerSlam held at The Staples Center, grossing more than $1 million.
– Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Stephanie McMahon, Kevin Nash, David Otunga, Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston were all trending on Twitter during last night’s RAW.
– Though not officially announced, word is that Michael Cole will be a playable character in THQ’s upcoming WWE ’12 video game.
– WWE has a dark match scheduled for the October 10th RAW taping in Oklahoma City for the WWE Title. The match is currently listed as John Cena vs. CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio in a Triple Threat Match for the belt.
– D.H. Smith (Harry Smith), who was recently released by WWE, is now accepting bookings for independent wrestling events. Requests can be sent to Kirk White of Big Time Wrestling via e-mail at Whiteklt@sbcglobal.net or via phone at 510-494-9648.