TNA House Show Results (1/10): Bristol, Tennessee
The following are results from the TNA live event in Bristol, Tennessee. The event was held on Friday, January 10, 2014.
– Dewey Barnes def. A Local Wrestler to open the show. Barnes made his entrance from the merchandise table, where he was working. Barnes, who worked the match as the underdog, ended up pulling off the upset, and then headed back to the merch table.
– Chris Sabin def. Austin Aries to retain the TNA X-Division Championship in a match that was said to be excellent. The finish came when Sabin used a dreaded “foreign object” to pick up the win.
– Gail Kim def. Madison Rayne to retain the TNA Knockouts Championship. The finish came when Kim rolled Rayne up and held the ropes for leverage during the pin.
– The BroMans def. James Storm & Gunner to retain the TNA World Tag-Team Championship in what was described as a “fun, comedy match.”
– Abyss def. Bobby Roode in singles action. Abyss wasn’t advertised for the show, so his being there was considered a pleasant surprise for those in attendance. Abyss picked up the victory via his Black Hole Slam for the pin.
– Magnus def. Sting to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship in the first of what was billed as a “double main event.” The finish came when the referee was down and Sting was checking on him, allowing Magnus to roll him up from behind for the 1-2-3.
– Samoa Joe def. Bully Ray in a best of three falls match, which served as the official main event of the evening. Ray attacked Joe before the match officially started, which allowed him to gain the first fall. Joe won the second fall and then the third, finishing Ray off with the clutch for the tap out victory.