UFC Legend Entering Talks With WWE, Phsyical WWE HOF Update & More
- A UFC legend is scheduled to begin talks with WWE this week about working for the company in 2013. We don’t know who the MMA fighter is, but it’s not Chael Sonnen, who is friends with CM Punk and has expressed interest in working for WWE when he retires from UFC.
– WWE continues to make plans for a physical Hall of Fame building, rumored to be located at Universal City Walk in Orlando, Florida. The company is negotiating with family of the late Lou Thesz to acquire some of his memorabilia. If a deal is made, expect to see Thesz in the WWE Hall of Fame sooner than later.
– Here are some recent WWE attendance figures:
* 10/16 in Queretaro, Mexico drew 5,000 fans
* 10/17 in Guadalajara drew 3,000 fans
* 10/18 in Mexico City drew 12,500 fans
* 10/18 in Knoxville, TN drew 5,500 fans
* 10/19 in Monterrey drew 6,000 fans
* 10/19 in Louisville drew 3,200 fans
* 10/20 in Tupelo, Mississippi drew 4,000 fans
* 10/20 in Carbondale, IL drew 2,800 fans
(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)