WWE House Show Results (1/10): Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
The following are results from the WWE live event in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The event was held on Friday, January 10, 2014.
– Los Matadores (with El Torito) def. Ryback & Curtis Axel in a tag-team match to open the show. There were a lot of comedy spots throughout the match, which surprisingly enough, Los Matadores ended up winning.
– Alberto Del Rio def. Sin Cara in a singles match. This was pretty similar to their last match on WWE television on the “Old School RAW” show this past Monday night.
– The Bella Twins def. Aksana & Alicia Fox in Divas tag-team action. This was said to be pretty much exactly what you would expect.
– Goldust & Cody Rhodes def. The Real Americans to retain the WWE World Tag-Team Championships. This was said to be one of the better matches of the evening.
– The Prime Time Players def. 3MB in another tag-team match on the card. This was another comedy-spot-filled match that the crowd seemed to enjoy for the most part.
– Alexander Rusev def. Justin Gabriel in singles action. This was a filler match before the main event. Despite the lack of name value in the semi-main event of the evening, the actual ring-work said to deliver for the fans in this one.
– John Cena def. Randy Orton via Disqualification in the official main event of the evening. Due to the DQ finish, Orton retained his WWE World Heavyweight Championship. This was apparently the same finish they’ve been doing on all of their matches lately, with Orton hitting Cena with a low-blow to intentionally get disqualified just as Cena is about to beat him.