WWE House Show Results (11/14): Leeds, England — John Cena Injured?
The following are results from the WWE live event in Leeds, England. The event was held on Thursday, November 14, 2013.
– The Prime Time Players def. Hunico & Camacho in a tag-team opener. The finish came when O’Neil hit his sit-out spinebuster for the pinfall victory.
– Ryback def. Justin Gabriel in the second match on the show. Gabriel actually got a decent amount of cool-looking offense in, but in the end, Ryback got the win with the Shellshock. There were a lot of “Goldberg” and “Feed Me More” chants throughout the match.
– The Bella Twins def. AJ Lee & Tamina Snuka in a Divas tag-team match. Lee was super-over as a babyface. She did a smart move, hwoever, by taking a hot tag, which resulted in a thunderous pop, then immediately tagging back out, as to not give the fans what they wanted. Brie hit the X-Factor on AJ in the end for the pin.
– The Great Khali def. Jinder Mahal in one of the more boring matches of the evening. Khali got the win with his big chop.
– There was a segment with Paul Heyman, Ryback, Curtis Axel and CM Punk. Long-story short, Ryback and Axel ended up abandoning Heyman and Punk beat the crap out of him with a kendo stick until The Wyatt Family’s music hit.
– CM Punk & Daniel Bryan def. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan in tag-team action. Bray Wyatt was at ringside and got involved a few times. The finish came when Punk hit the GTS on Rowan for the 1-2-3. After the match, Punk remained on the ground and many in attendance felt that he suffered some sort of an injury.
– The Usos def. 3MB. Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre represented 3MB in this one. In the end, The Usos won when Jey Uso hit the super kick and both hit a double Samoan slam for the pinfall victory.
– Curtis Axel def. R-Truth to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship. After a back-and-forth match, Axel got the win by using an exposed turnbuckle and hitting his finisher on Truth for the 1-2-3.
– John Cena def. Alberto Del Rio to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. Cena appeared to suffer an injury during the match. He would constantly roll out of the ring to buy time, all the while Del Rio seemed to be stalling for him in the ring. The injury appeared to take place when Cena whipped Del Rio into the corner and seemed to hurt his ankle or Achilles. At one point, Cena fell while attempting to hit his shoulder tackle. The referee threw up the “X” sign and the doctor hit the ring. Also during the match, a fan was ejected for throwing his hat at Cena. Cena reacted to that by cutting a promo about it.