WWE House Show Results (11/9): Birmingham, England
The following are results from the WWE live event in Birmingham, England. The event was held on Saturday, November 9, 2013.
– Diego def. Jack Swagger in the opening match. Diego, of the Los Matadores tag-team, picked up thr win after pulling the twin-switch with Fernando. Prior to the match, Zeb Colter cut a heel promo. Lots of comedy spots with El Torito.
– Dean Ambrose def. Dolph Ziggler & Big E. Langston in a three-way match to retain the WWE United States Championship.
– Natalya def. Aksana in Divas action via submission. Natalya got the win using her Sharpshooter submission hold.
– Kofi Kingston def. The Miz. Both guys worked as babyfaces early on, but later in the match The Miz starting playing heel.
– Goldust & Cody Rhodes def. The Shield to retain the WWE Tag-Team Championships. This was said to be one of the best matches on the show.
– Santino Marella def. Fandango. This started off as a dance-off. Damien Sandow ended up coming out, beating him up and started his match against Zack Ryder.
– Damien Sandow def. Zack Ryder. Sandow picked up the win after a thumb in the eye. Sandow also cut a heel promo before the match.
– Randy Orton def. Big Show to retain the WWE Championship. Kane came out, in a suit and tie once again, to distract Big Show. Daniel Bryan was apparently advertised but wasn’t there, so the crowd jumped all over this match with lots of boo’s and “Daniel Bryan” chants. Orton at one point got on the microphone and said Bryan wasn’t here, to which the crowd boo’d even louder.