WWE House Show Results (1/19): Columbus, Ohio
The following are results from the WWE live event in Columbus, Ohio. The event was held on Sunday, January 19, 2014.
– The Prime Time Players def. Ryback & Curtis Axel in a tag-team match to open the show. The finish saw O’Neil hit his Clash Of The Titus on Axel for the pin.
– Alicia Fox def. Aksana in Divas action. This was the Fan’s Choice match. Finish saw Fox hit Aksana with her Watch Yo Face scissors kick for the 1-2-3.
– Xavier Woods def. Brodus Clay in singles action. This is the same match they’ve been doing for a while now, where Clay dominates throughout, gets cut off, eats a finisher and gets pinned in under two minutes.
– Goldust & Cody Rhodes def. The Real Americans to retain their WWE Tag-Team Championships. This was a solid 15-minute match that was said to be among the best in-ring action of the evening. The finish saw Goldust hit his sunset flip/powerbomb on Cesaro for the pinfall.
– Luke Harper & Erick Rowan def. Kane in a two-on-one handicap match. Brad Maddox came out after intermission and announced that Big Show wasn’t here due to travel issues, so Kane should technically win by forfeit. Maddox says he knows Kane still wants a match, so he has surprise opponents for him. This led to Harper and Rowan coming out. They beat Kane up for the most part and Rowan pinned him for the win after Harper blasted him with his clothesline.
– Alberto Del Rio def. Sin Cara in the second-to-last match on the card. This was said to be a pretty good match. The finish saw Del Rio force Sin Cara to submit to his Cross Armbreaker finishing hold.
– John Cena def. Randy Orton via Disqualification in the main event of the show. This is the same exact match they’ve been doing around the country, with Orton purposely low-blowing Cena as Cena was about to beat him, strictly to avoid losing his WWE World Heavyweight Championship.