WWE House Show Results (1/5): Fairfax, Virginia
The following are results from the WWE live event in Fairfax, Virginia. The event was held on Sunday, January 5, 2014.
- The Usos def. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan in a tag-team match to open the show.
- R-Truth def. Bo Dallas in a non-title match (Dallas is the NXT Champion). Truth picked up the win with the Lie Detector.
- The Prime Time Players def. 3MB in a tag-team match. Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre represented 3MB in this one.
- The Miz def. Fandango in singles action. This was said to be mostly a comedy style match that Miz won with the Figure Four.
- Natalya & Emma def. AJ Lee & Tamina Snuka in Divas tag-team action. This was the Fan’s Choice match. The straight tag-match option actually won the voting.
- Bray Wyatt def. Daniel Bryan in a Steel Cage match. This was said to be an actual competitive match, and not a one-sided beatdown by Wyatt as mentioned in previous weekend house shows. The finish came when Bryan, who had the match won, got the cage door slammed on his head by Erick Rowan. After the match, Bryan teased that he wasn’t going to shake Wyatt’s hand, but ultimately did.
- Bad News Barrett def. Justin Gabriel in a singles match. Barrett cut a promo prior to the match.
- Big E. Langston def. Damien Sandow in singles action to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship. Langston picked up the win via his Big Ending.
- CM Punk def. The Shield in a three-on-one handicap match. This was pretty much what you would expect, with Punk getting the win in the end via his GTS on Ambrose.