WWE RAW Results (3/25) – With Videos
WWE RAW opens up with a video for John Cena and The Rock. Both will meet tonight on RAW.
– RAW kicks off with CM Punk and Paul Heyman coming to the ring. Heyman has the urn in hand.
Punk talks about how people say The Undertaker’s Streak is unbreakable and how The Deadman is unstoppable at WrestleMania. Punk talks about the urn and what “they” say it means to Taker’s powers. Punk says “they” don’t know what they’re talking about. Punk says he’s the only one that matters. Punk says Taker’s career is now being re-written by the best in the world. Heyman applauds Punk and a small “ECW” chant breaks out. Punk says this is The Undertaker’s fault. Punk juggles the urn and says it means everything to Taker but nothing to him, before throwing it to the mat. Punk says for the first time in his life, Taker is at a psychological disadvantage and he’s scared. Punk says Taker could have kept The Streak alive but it’s him Taker’s dealing with now. Punk goes on and says he’s waiting, here he is. He’s waiting for the lights to go out and those magic words, “rest in peace.” Punk says at WrestleMania, Taker and his perfect record will… rest… in… the lights go out and the bells toll. They come back on and Taker is in the ring. Taker unloads on Punk and beats him down in the corner. Heyman grabs the urn and runs to the back with it. Punk escapes and runs up the ramp as Taker paces around the ring. Heyman comes back out with the urn and hands it to Punk. Punk taunts Taker with the urn as his music plays. Taker cuts his own throat and looks on from the ring.
– Still to come tonight, John Cena and The Rock will do a Q&A with current and future Hall of Famers. Also, Fandango will finally make his debut. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Fandango with his dancer and their own entrance. Fandango takes the mic and says his name but is interrupted by Chris Jericho. Jericho runs down and spears Fandango. Jericho unloads and Cole mentions this was not the scheduled match. Fandango escapes out of the ring and heads to the back with his dancer. Jericho is hype and looks on from the ring as his music hits. Cole mentions Jericho was scheduled to face Dolph Ziggler later on. Dolph’s music hits and out he comes with AJ Lee and Big E Langston.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Chris Jericho
Jericho waits as Ziggler, AJ and Big E make their way down to the ring.
Jericho tackles Dolph to start the match. Jericho with a back elbow that sends Ziggler to the mat. More offense from Jericho as AJ looks on. Ziggler with a big kick to the face to turn it around. The crowd chants for Jericho and he fights back. Ziggler blocks Walls of Jericho but runs into an elbow. Jericho climbs to the top and comes down with a big crossbody for a 2 count. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler is in control after Big E laid out Jericho during the commercial. Jericho with a roll up for 2 now. Ziggler dropkicks him for another 2 count. Ziggler with a splash in the corner. More back and forth. Jericho comes off the top with a double ax handle and a clothesline. Ziggler runs into a big boot. Jericho with the bulldog. Big E gets on the apron but Jericho dropkicks him. Ziggler with a big DDT for a close 2 count. More back and forth. Ziggler taps out to the Walls of Jericho.
Winner: Chris Jericho
– After the match, Big E runs over Jericho and lays him out with his finisher. They leave and out comes Fandango with his dancer. They dance around Jericho before Fandango attacks him and unloads. Fandango screams for Jericho to say his name as the crowd chants “you can’t wrestle.” Jericho tries to fight back but Fandango lays him out. Fandango shows an aggressive side here. He goes to the top rope, poses and hits a big leg drop. Fandango takes the mic and says his own name before heading back to the back.
– Back from the break and Matt Striker is backstage with Sheamus. We see what happened on SmackDown with tension between he and Big Show. Striker asks if Sheamus and Randy Orton have buried the hatchet with Show. The Shield interrupt and attack Sheamus from behind. They beat him down but Orton makes the save with a steel chair. Orton also gets beat down until Big Show arrives to clean house and make the save. The Shield retreats.
Mark Henry vs. The Usos
We go to the ring and out comes Mark Henry for a handicap match. Henry heads to the ring as we go to commercial.
We’re back and The Usos are out now. Henry locks up with one of the Usos and sends him to the mat. Henry tosses Uso across the ring and he tags in his brother. Henry keeps control until they double team him with a dropkick and a few superkicks. Henry goes down and gets hit with a big Superfly Splash for a 2 count. More double teaming but Henry fights them off. Henry sends one Uso flying from the apron into the fan barrier. Big clothesline for the other Uso. Henry hits a World’s Strongest Slam for the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
– After the match, Henry goes to ringside and grabs the fallen Uso. Henry brings him in the ring hits another World’s Strongest Slam. Henry with another slam on the other Uso. Henry hits the ropes and drops a big splash on the other Uso, saying that nobody splashes him and gets away with it.
– Cesaro vs. Del Rio is up next. We go to commercial.
Antonio Cesaro vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and out first comes WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro. Justin Roberts goes to introduce Alberto Del Rio but out comes Ricardo Rodriguez on crutches. He says his legs are weak but his voice is strong. Out next comes the World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio.
They lock up and Cesaro works on the arm. They trade holds and Del Rio also works on the arm. Cesaro makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Cesaro takes Del Rio to the corner and works him over now. Del Rio fights back and hits a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Zeb Colter comes out to the stage and distracts Del Rio. Cesaro attacks from behind and takes back control. Cesaro with more offense in the corner. Cesaro with a headbutt to the jaw. Cesaro goes up top but Del Rio cuts him off. Del Rio climbs up for a superplex and nails it.
Jack Swagger appears at ringside and attacks Ricardo. Swagger rips Ricardo’s protective boot off. Del Rio gets up and leaps out of the ring, taking Swagger out. Del Rio unloads on Swagger and fights him into the crowd. Del Rio with a big kick to the jaw. Del Rio gets counted out.
Winner by Count Out: Antonio Cesaro
– Del Rio comes back in the ring and interrupts Cesaro’s celebration. Del Rio puts him in the cross armbreaker before breaking it and pointing at the WrestleMania 29 sign. Del Rio goes to ringside where trainers are checking on Ricardo’s leg.
– We see what happened earlier with CM Punk and The Undertaker.
– Still to come, a Q&A with John Cena, The Rock and WWE Legends. Team Hell No are walking backstage as we go to commercial.
Titus O’Neil and Darren Young vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
Titus O’Neil and Darren Young wait in the ring as the WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No make their way out. Kane starts off with Titus. Kane with an early pin attempt. Bryan comes in and unloads with kicks on Titus. Kane comes back in and they double team Titus in the corner. Kane drops Titus with a right hand for a 2 count. Titus fights Kane off and tags in Young for some double teaming in their corner.
The match goes on and Young works over Bryan now. Ziggler, AJ and Langston appear on the stage to watch the match. Titus comes back in and stomps on Bryan. More double teaming by The PTP. Young with a 2 count on Bryan. Lots more back and forth. Kane and Bryan get the win.
Winners: Kane and Daniel Bryan
– After the match, Team hell No have words with Ziggler, AJ and Langston, who are still on the stage.
– Still to come, The Shield will be in six-man action. Also, Triple H will speak. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a preview for Lesnar vs. Triple H at WrestleMania 29.
– Triple H comes out and talks about he can never compete if he loses at WrestleMania 29. HHH puts over how much of a beast Brock Lesnar is. Triple H says he has fought in the ring like his life depended on it. Triple H advises Lesnar to show up at WrestleMania like his career is on the line, like his life depend son it because it very well might. Triple H isn’t coming to WrestleMania to wrestle or fight, he’s coming to kick Lesnar’s ass. He drops the mic and exits the ring but stops when Wade Barrett’s music hits and out comes the Intercontinental Champion. They meet on the ramp and have a staredown. Barrett motions for Triple H to get to the back. Triple H kicks him below the belt and looks up at the WrestleMania sign. Triple H keeps walking and heads to the back.
Wade Barrett vs. The Miz
Back from the break and Barrett is still trying to recover from the Triple H kick. Out comes his opponent The Miz.
Miz quickly hits an atomic drop and goes for the Figure Four but Barrett escapes the ring. Barrett comes back in and Miz with more drops and a Skull Crushing Finale attempt. Barrett escapes again and stalls on the outside. They go at it and Miz has control until Barrett hits a big boot on the top rope. Barrett with forearm shots now. Barrett with a high knee to the gut and a 2 count. More back and forth. Miz with another roll up for 2. Miz with the backbreaker but Barrett blocks the neckbreaker. Miz dumps Barrett over the top and to the floor. Miz leaps off the apron with an ax handle and brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett is in control with a pin attempt. During the break, Barrett threw Miz into the barrier outside of the ring. Barrett chokes Miz on the ropes now. Barrett with knees to the face. Barrett sends Miz to the floor with a big knee. The crowd boos Barrett. Barrett brings it back in for a 2 count. Barrett works on the lower back now. Miz makes a comeback and sends Barrett into the turnbuckles. Miz with a crossbody and a high knee. Miz hits the running clothesline in the corner and goes to the top. Miz comes crashing down on Barrett for another 2 count. Barrett blocks Skull Crushing Finale and hits Winds of Change for a 2 count. Miz slides out of Wasteland and blocks a big kick. Miz goes for Figure Four but Barrett turns it into a 2 count. Miz sweeps Barrett and goes for the Figure Four again. Barrett kicks him into the ring post. Barrett rolls Miz up for 2. Barrett with a big kick to the head and a 2 count. Barrett goes for the Bullhammer Elbow but Miz ducks and rolls Barrett up for 2. Barrett tosses Miz to the apron. Miz ducks and Barrett gets hung up on the ropes. Miz drops Barrett and applies the Figure Four for the non-title win.
Winner: The Miz
– Kane and Daniel Bryan are backstage having a little argument. Kaitlyn comes in and hushes them up. She says they need to move on from AJ Lee. AJ walks in and listens as Kaitlyn talks about AJ’s past with them both. Kaitlyn rips into AJ while she listens. AJ attacks from behind and beats her around the room. Kane and Bryan pull her off and take her out of the room.
– Still to come, Legends will ask questions to Rock and Cena. Also, The Shield will be in action. Back to commercial.
The Shield vs. Zack Ryder, Justin Gabriel and The Great Khali
Back from the break and The Great Khali is in the ring with Zack Ryder and Justin Gabriel. Out comes Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns through the crowd.
Rollins and Khali go at it. Khali takes him to the corner and hits a big chop before tagging in Ryder. Ryder and Rollins go at it. Rollins runs into double knees but sends Ryder to the mat from the top. Rollins stomps away on Ryder mounts him with right hands. Ambrose comes in and they double team Ryder. Ambrose works over Ryder and hits a dropkick against the ropes. Reigns comes in and decks Ryder. Reigns tosses Ryder into the corner and beats him down.
Ambrose comes in for more double teaming on Gabriel now. Khali gets knocked off the apron. Ambrose holds Gabriel in a surfboard type move as Rollins comes crashing off the top for the win.
Winners: The Shield
– After the match, The Great Khali comes in and attacks The Shield but they beat him down and hit the triple powerbomb. They pose but Sheamus’ music hits and out he comes to the stage. Randy Orton’s music hits next and out he comes to stand beside Sheamus. Orton and Sheamus head to the ring for a fight. Big Show comes through the crowd and they have the ring surrounded. Show, Orton and Sheamus hit the ring and a brawl breaks out. They clean house and The Shield retreats through the crowd. Sheamus, Orton and Show look at the WrestleMania sign as Show’s music plays.
– Still to come, the Rock and Cena Q&A.
– We get a look back at Chris Jericho and Fandango from earlier. Backstage, Jericho walks out of Vickie Guerrero’s office and Josh Mathews stops him for comment. Jericho says when you’ve done what he has in WWE, you become a target. Jericho says Fandango has kicked his ass twice in a row and it means nothing, he’s proven nothing. Jericho says Fandango will now get his chance at WrestleMania 29. Jericho vs. Fandango is official.
– Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow come out ripping Philadelphia. They introduce The Bella Twins and out they come to walk Rhodes Scholars to the ring.
Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow vs. Brodus Clay and Tensai
Back from the break and Brodus Clay, Tensai, Cameron and Naomi are dancing in the ring. It’s going to be Clay starting things out with Sandow. Sandow strikes but Clay runs over him. Clay with a clothesline in the corner and a tag to Tensai. They double team Sandow with a big slam. Tensai misses in the corner but hits a big shoulder. Cody tags in and goes at it with Tensai. Sandow comes back in for some double teaming and stomps on Tensai. Sandow with an elbow and a 2 count.
Cody comes back in and keeps Tensai in control. Cody comes off the top but Tensai drops him with a right hand in mid-air. Clay comes in and works over Cody. He knocks Sandow off the apron. Clay with a big overhead suplex and splash in the corner. The Bellas pull Cody to safety but Cameron and Naomi attack them. Sandow gets a cheap shot on Clay and Cody hits the Disaster Kick for the win.
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
– We get a promo for GI Joe 2 with WWE Champion The Rock.
– Ryback is walking backstage. He will face 3 Superstars up next after commercial.
Ryback vs. 3MB
Back from the break and Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal are in the ring. Out comes Ryback for a 3-on-1 handicap match.
Ryback starts off with Slater and the crowd starts chanting “feed me more.” Ryback goes after Drew and Jinder while Slater attacks him. Ryback hits a Thesz Press and then slams his head into the mat repeatedly. Ryback with a splash. Slater tags in McIntyre. Ryback rams him back into the corner and hits some chops. Ryback knocks Slater off the apron and clotheslines Mahal. Ryback turns around to a big kick from McIntyre. Drew tags in Mahal. He stomps away on Ryback. Slater comes back in and they keep Ryback in the corner. Slater with a big knee for a 1 count. Drew comes back in with a clothesline and pin attempt. Drew keeps Ryback on the mat now.
Ryback slams Drew but Mahal tags in and gets a 2 count. Slater comes back in for some double teaming but Ryback counters it. Ryback tosses Drew and Mahal to the floor. Slater fights but Ryback knocks him out of the air with a shoulder. Ryback with spinebusters for Slater and Mahal. Ryback hits a double Shellshocked on Mahal and Slater for the win.
– After the commercial will be Kaitlyn vs. AJ Lee.
– Back from the break and we get the news of Arnold Schwarzenegger inducting his friend Bruno Sammartino into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.
AJ Lee vs. Kaitlyn
We go to the ring and out comes AJ Lee. WWE Divas Champion Kaitlyn is out next for a non-title match.
The bell rings and Kaitlyn attacks AJ, taking her to the mat. Kaitlyn whips her into the corner and hits a back elbow, sending her back to the mat. Kaitlyn whips her hard into the other corners again. AJ slaps Kaitlyn but Kaitlyn takes her back down. Kaitlyn hits the gutbuster and AJ rolls out to the floor. Kaitlyn follows with a kick to the face. Kaitlyn goes for the spear on the floor but AJ side steps and Kaitlyn crashes into the barrier. AJ laughs and comes back in the ring as Kaitlyn tries to get up but can’t make it before the count.
Winner by Count Out: AJ Lee
– Up next, WWE Legends will quiz The Rock and John Cena. Back to commercial.
– Jerry Lawler is in the ring to moderate the Q&A with John Cena, The Rock and the WWE Legends. Lawler introduces Booker T, Mick Foley, Dusty Rhodes and then Bret Hart. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and the Legends are seated at a table and Lawler is moderating from a podium. Lawler introduces WWE Champion The Rock and out he comes to a big pop. Rock shakes the hands of the Legends and hugs them. Out next comes John Cena to a bit of a mixed reaction. Cena also greets the Legends and poses for the fans while his music plays. Rock and Cena both stand at their podiums. Lawler says each Legend will ask either Rock or Cena a question. Once they respond, the other will also have a chance to respond. Mick Foley is up first. Foley mentions teaming with The Rock at WrestleMania 20. Foley asks if Cena is prepared to live with the type of regret that would go with another loss this year.
Before Cena can speak, the crowd tells him he sucks. Cena says whether he loses or wins, April 7th will change the face of WWE forever. Cena says he’s aware that losing is a very real option for him this year. Cena brings up former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb never being able to win the big one. Cena says if he loses, he will carry the legacy of McNabb, state to state, city to city, arena to arena – he will get a reaction of disdain. Cena says statistically he will be good, but he will never be able to win the big one. Cena says he can handle failure but Rock knows nothing of failure, not yet but he soon will. A “boring” chant breaks out in the crowd. It’s The Rock’s turn to respond and the fans chant his name.
Rock says he does know about failure. He talks about being broke when he was younger, before he got his big break with WWE. Rock says he flopped 6 months later with a knee injury. Rock says he worked his ass off and came back. He asked for one thing – a mic. Rock says two years later, he became the youngest WWE Champion and main eventing WrestleMania in this very city. Rock says finally, he has come back to Philadelphia. Rock says he was riding high but got his ass kicked by Steve Austin Rock says he sat alone in the locker room thinking about the failure but made a decision he would come back and be the hardest working ever, one of the greatest of all-time. Rock says those failures led him to be the man he is today, the man who will whip Cena’s ass at WrestleMania. A “Cena sucks” chant breaks out in the crowd.
Bret Hart is up next. He wasn’t happen last year when they both were overcame with bad blood. He says it almost became a Shawn Michaels-Bret Hart thing. Bret says they’re different now and asks what happened. Rock answers and says last year, it was just two guys going at it for 30 minutes in the ring. Rock says Cena took that loss like a man and he respected that. Cena talks about calling Rock out in an interview a few years ago. Cena goes on and says he respects Rock. Cena says in 13 days, we will see how Rock handles his loss. Booker T is up next. He asks Cena why he thinks he can beat Rock at WrestleMania. Cena says because he has to, that’s it – he has to. The crowd boos. Rock mocks him and asks what kind of weak answer is that. Rock tells him to wipe a monkey’s ass with that answer. Rock tells Cena to tell the truth about why he thinks he has to win. Cena says because Rock didn’t beat him. Rock can’t beat him. Cena says he beat himself. Cena says he has never said that publicly but that’s fact. Cena says one bad decision, one personal moment he got caught up in. The crowd boos Cena. Cena says Rock is the only person that clouded his judgment enough to make a dumb decision. Cena says he watched the match over and over – he had Rock beat but made a stupid move by trying to use Rock’s own move. Cena says that will never happen again. Cena says he will do things his way on his terms at WrestleMania 29. Cena says he knows he is better than The Rock. That’s his reason.
Cena says Rock knows he is better also. Rock says if Cena had him beat, he would have won. But he didn’t. Rock says he had an answer for everything Cena came with. Rock quotes Ric Flair and says, “to be the man, whoo, you gotta beat the man.” Rock says Cena can’t beat the man because he’s not the man. Dusty tries to speak but Rock holds him off. Rock says Cena will never, and he means ever, be the man. Dusty says Cena and Rock need to take the gloves off. WrestleMania isn’t about respect or redemption, it’s about winning and losing. Dusty says there aren’t guarantees in this business. Dusty asks them what they really want on April 7th. Cena says he wants to win the big one and dominate The Rock. Cena wants Rock to be looking up at the open air at MetLife and finally realize that Cena belongs. Cena says Rock will realize that Cena is better than The Rock. Cena wants to hand Rock a loss so devastating that it haunts him for the rest of his life. Rock asks Cena who the hell he thinks he’s talking to. Haunt for the rest of his life? Rock says he’s not wired that way. Rock will wake up the day after WrestleMania still The People’s Champion while Cena wakes up stuffing his face with Fruity Pebbles. Rock says Cena brings it like no other in the locker room but challenges him to prove him wrong right now. Rock drops the mic. Cena takes his hat and shirt off as Rock readies for a fight. They come face to face in the middle of the ring. Cena does his gesture in Rock’s face. Rock shoves him. Cena goes for an Attitude Adjustment but Rock lays him out with a Rock Bottom. Rock grabs the WWE Title as his music starts up and he heads up the ramp. Rock stands with the WWE Title as Cena looks on from the mat, in front of Lawler and the Legends. RAW goes off the air with Cena looking upset.