WWE Sales Dropping: DVDs, Tickets, Merch, WWE.com Traffic
Vince McMahon did some major damage control at WWE’s stockholders conference call yesterday as many of their key business metrics for September were down. Here are some stats:
– Live event attendance was down 9% and DVD sales were down a huge 44%.
– WWE.com traffic was down 10% from the previous month as they only drew 10.4 million unique visitors.
– WWEShop.com was also down 13% from the previous month as they processed 667 orders per day. CM Punk merchandise alone at one point was shipping nearly 1,100 orders per day the previous month.
– Here are the top shipped DVDs for this year:
* WWE WrestleMania – 229,000 units shipped, down 9.5% from 2010.
* The Best of WCW Nitro -135,000 units shipped.
* The True Story of WrestleMania – 118,000 units shipped.
* The History of DX – 109,000 units shipped.
* Best of RAW 2010 – 96,000 units shipped.