SmackDown SPOILER Results For March 4, 2011
WWE taped this week’s SmackDown television show on Tuesday night from the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. Credit to Wrestling News World to these results:
* World Heavyweight Champion Edge is out first to open the show. He talks about his match at Wrestlemania XXVII against Alberto Del Rio and his problems with Vickie Guerrero but is interrupted by Drew McIntyre. Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long comes out and makes a match between the two after a small altercation.
* World Heavyweight Champion Edge b. Drew McIntyre after locking in the Sharpshooter.
* Rey Mysterio is attacked by “Dashing” Cody Rhodes and Cody officially challenges him to a match at Wrestlemania XXVII. They also showed the attack last week on Rey and Cody said he will expose Rey’s face at Wrestlemania.
* Backstage, The Corre offer help to Kane in his match later tonight against Big Show.
* WWE Tag Team Champions Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel w/Ezekiel Jackson & Wade Barrett vs. Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov. Jackson and Barrett get on the apron and Wade ends up getting hit with Santino’s Cobra. However, the distraction allows Slater to hit his finisher and get the three count.
* It’s announced in a video that airs on the titantron that Christian will return to Smackdown next week.
* The Undertaker comes out and says “The Streak” cannot be broken and hypes his upcoming Wrestlemania XXVII match against Triple H. He entered and exited to “Ain’t No Grave” by Johnny Cash.
* LayCool b. Beth Phoenix & Rosa Mendes. While the referee was distracted, Michelle McCool kicked Beth in the face which allowed Layla to get the pinfall victory.
* Big Show b. Kane when The Corre came to ringside and handed Kane a chair and he hit Big Show with it. Show pushes Justin Gabriel into Kane and Kane swings the chair at The Corre. The Corre retreats.
* Jack Swagger comes out and Michael Cole talks about his match against Jerry Lawler at Wrestlemania XXVII. Cole says he’s going to announce his special guest referee on Raw and teases he is “flamboyant” and “awesome.”
* Jack Swagger b. JTG via submission in the ankle lock. Very quick squash match. After the match, Michael Cole gets in the ring and celebrates with him.
* World Heavyweight Champion Edge defaces a portrait of Alberto Del Rio that was being worked on throughout the show as the contract signing for the World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania XXVII is up next.
* The contract signing is moderated by Teddy Long. Alberto Del Rio sang the Mexican National Anthem but was interrupted by World Heavyweight Champion Edge. Long asks for there to be no violence but Edge warns him it was about to get chaotic. Things break down and Teddy bails. Edge gets his nosed bloodied as Christian comes out and gets involved and the show goes off the air.