WWE Wrestlers Robbed In South Africa

Posted by Brad Davis July 6, 2011 1 Comment

Randy Orton stated on Twitter that over half of the WWE SmackDown roster had items stolen from their luggage when they reached South Africa. He also noted that everyone who put a lock on their bag was robbed. He, however, didn’t put a lock on his bag and therefore wasn’t robbed.


The Times Live newspaper out of South Africa has now picked up on the story.

John Langford, the chief operating officer of “Big Concerts” (they promote WWE’s tours of South Africa) told the paper that when the bags came off the carousel to be picked up, WWE talents found the locks had been cut and their bags had been broken into.

“The bags that had locks on them had been targeted,” Langford said. “They stole everything from watches to GPS [navigators] – things that had financial and sentimental value.”

Langford noted that this was a huge embarrassment for “[Big Concerts] as the organizers” of the events.

WWE talents filed claims at the baggage counter and an investigation has begun.

  • COMMENT On This Article Below & Make Sure To Follow Us On Facebook and Twitter.
  • Social Followers

    Ad