WWE’s Latest Plans For WrestleMania 27
Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
WWE held the latest round of creative meetings earlier this week to discuss finalizing the card for WrestleMania 27, which is now just a month away. Here are some new details on what WWE is planning for the show:
- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin is the most likely candidate to referee the Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole match. Cole teased that he will be revealing his “awesome” pick for guest referee on Monday’s RAW, but with Steve Austin also scheduled to appear next week, things might take a turn in a direction Cole is not too pleased with.
- Tough Enough coach Trish Stratus may be working the show in a 6-person mixed tag match. Trish would team with Kelly Kelly and John Morrison against LayCool and Dolph Ziggler.
- NEXUS members Wade Barrett, Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel will likely be taking on 4 of SmackDown’s toughest competitors, with those men expected to be Big Show, Kane, Kofi Kingston and Christian.
- Rey Mysterio will likely wrestle Cody Rhodes in singles action.
- WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan is set to defend against Sheamus.
- There will be no Money in the Bank match this year. That match will live on at the Money In The Bank pay-per-views.
- Here’s what WWE is currently advertising for WrestleMania, as of press time:
WWE Championship Match
- The Miz (c) vs. John Cena
World Heavyweight Championship Match
- Edge (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
“The Streak” on the Line
- The Undertaker vs. Triple H
- Randy Orton vs. CM Punk