– Tonight’s WWE SmackDown opens live from the Bankers Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana as Tom Phillips welcomes us. He’s joined by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton. They hype Super Show-Down fallout and tonight’s World Cup qualifiers – Randy Orton vs. Big Show and Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy.
SmackDown Women’s Title Match: Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch
We go right to the ring and both competitors are already in the ring – Charlotte Flair and SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch. Greg Hamilton does formal ring introductions. Becky gets the bigger pop. Becky will lose the title if she’s disqualified tonight.
The bell rings and they lock up. They break and taunt, talk some trash. They lock up again and trade holds. Fans do dueling chants now. Flair looks to go for the Figure Four but Becky avoids it. Becky talks some more trash and shoves Flair. Flair ends up slamming Becky but Becky comes right back and works her over in the corners. Flair turns it back around but Becky drops her in the corner with a kick. Becky with more offense and a quick pin attempt. Becky drops a leg and mocks the Flair strut. Becky with another leg drop. Flair blocks the next but Becky keeps control. They collide with clothesline attempts and both go down.
More back and forth between the two. Becky connects with a knee to the face. Becky goes for the Dis-Arm-Her but Flair takes her down. Becky takes Flair back down and puts a knee to her face to keep her down. Flair looks to turn it around on the mat and ends up catapulting Becky into the turnbuckle. Becky ends up on the floor and Flair follows to keep control. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Flair goes to the top but Becky slams her to the mat. Flair continues to clutch her arm as Becky weakens it for the submission. They tangle in the middle of the ring and Becky rocks her with a fist full of hair. Becky with a Bexploder suplex for a close 2 count. Flair unloads with chops in the middle of the ring now, knocking Becky into the ropes. Flair with a big back suplex. Flair is slow to make the cover but she kips up and stumbles around.
Flair goes back to the top but Becky yanks her by the leg, bringing her face first into the mat. Becky goes to the top now. Becky leaps but Flair moves out of the way. Flair rolls her for a 2 count. Becky drops Flair with an enziguri. Becky goes back to the top but Flair knocks her off by hitting the top rope. Flair approaches but Becky rocks her from the top. Becky rolls Flair from the top rope to the mat, applying an armbar. Flair fights it and powers up, slamming Becky with a sitdown powerbomb for a 2 count. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Flair goes for the Figure Four but Becky kicks her face into the turnbuckles. Becky ends up grabbing her title and walking away, trying to get counted out. Flair stops h er and brings her back into the ring. Flair ends up going into the referee and he’s distracted now. Flair gets dropped. Becky picks up the title and the referee sees her raising it in the air, thinking she was using it when she wasn’t. Becky argues with him. Flair rolls her up and they trade pin attempts. Flair with a big Spear. Becky rolls out of the ring to the floor as the referee counts. Fans chant “this is awesome” now.
Flair goes back to the top and tries for a big moonsault on the floor but Becky moves. Flair lands hard on the floor. Becky tosses Flair into the barrier. Becky returns to the ring as the referee starts counting again. Flair goes to make it in at the 9 count as Becky tries to kick her. Flair side steps and Becky misses, falling out on the floor. Flair slams Becky on the floor and brings it back into the ring. Flair with a Natural Selection. Flair goes for the pin but Becky tolls back to the floor. The referee starts counting. Flair brings Becky back over but Becky sends her into the apron and ring post. The referee counts as they both go down on the floor again. They tangle and Becky sends Flair into the barrier. They both get counted out.
Double Count Out
– After the bell, Becky walks up the ramp but Flair chases her and comes from behind.. Officials try to break it up. Flair runs back up to the stage and hits a Spear through the LED boards. Adam Pearce and other WWE officials are out to check on them both. Pearce calls for a trainer as Flair is laid out on top of Becky. We go to replays and the announcers play up the seriousness of the situation.
– Still to come, Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles appear on MizTV. Also, World Cup qualifying matches with Big Show vs. Randy Orton and Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy. We see Hardy backstage applying his paint. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers talk about Lynch and Flair being tended to by trainers in the back.
WWE World Cup Qualifier: Samoa Joe vs. Jeff Hardy
We go to the ring and out first comes Jeff Hardy for this WWE World Cup tournament qualifying match. We cut to a video package on Hardy. Samoa Joe is out next and they also air a video package for him.
The bell rings and Joe goes to work on Hardy. Hardy ends up turning it around and sending Joe to the outside early on. We go to commercial with Joe regrouping on the outside.
Back from the break and Hardy looks to mount momentum but Joe levels him. Joe fights back and drops Hardy, then splashes him for a close 2 count. Hardy makes a comeback and hits some of his signature moves but they end up on the floor. Joe turns it around but Hardy sends the steel steps into Joe’s knee. They bring it back in the ring and Hardy unloads on the injured leg. Hardy stomps away on the leg.
Joe tries to stand up but his leg goes out and he hits the mat. The referee calls for the bell.
Winner by Referee Stoppage: Jeff Hardy
– After the match, Hardy’s music hits as he stands tall. Hardy joins John Cena and WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle as World Cup competitors.
– The announcers lead us to a video package on Randy Orton. He will face Big Show in a World Cup qualifier tonight. Also, Aiden English will reveal more “One Night In Milwaukee” footage.
– The announcers show us a video package for next Tuesday’s Evolution reunion at SmackDown 1000.
– We go to the ring and out comes The Miz for another must see edition of MizTV. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers confirm that Charlotte Flair will be able to compete on Mixed Match Challenge tonight. We go backstage to SmackDown General Manager Paige and she announces Flair vs. Becky in a Last Woman Standing match for WWE Evolution. The title will be on the line.
– We go to the ring and The Miz is out for MizTV. He talks about how tonight’s guests will do battle at WWE Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia for the WWE Title. Miz introduces WWE Champion AJ Styles first. Miz runs down Daniel Bryan to AJ and then brings him out.
Bryan and AJ shake hands to start the segment. Miz mocks them. Bryan pokes at Miz for how quickly he defeated him at WWE Super Show-Down. Fans chant for Bryan and Miz isn’t happy. Miz says he will remain unprofessional, unlike Bryan. Miz brings up how AJ has been champion for 11 months and has defended the title against many top stars. AJ says the WWE Title is staying with him in the house that he built. Miz tries to say AJ meant that he’s better than Bryan. Bryan goes on and says he wants to beat a worthy opponent, and no one in WWE has proved worthy like AJ has. Bryan gives AJ props for his run as WWE Champion. Bryan says AJ has earned the right to think he’s better than Bryan and everybody else. Bryan says to be fair, he still has a lot to prove since returning. Bryan is proud that AJ thinks he can beat him but Bryan knows deep down that he can beat AJ.
AJ goes on and says it’s not like Bryan has faced anyone phenomenal. Bryan says they’re having fun poking fun at The 2 Minute Man, The Miz, but here’s the truth – the match at Crown Jewel is the very reason he fought so hard to come back from retirement. Bryan’s dream was not to come back and have fun, not to come back and reunite Team Hell No, not to come back and engage in psychological warfare, not to face this jerk The Miz. His dream was one thing and one thing only – the WWE Title. Bryan says the only thing standing in between him and his dream is AJ. AJ stands up and they face off now. AJ says he’s not moving, not for Bryan or anybody. Miz continues to stir the pot between his guests. AJ asks Bryan how good it feels to punch Miz in the face. Bryan says it feels great. They bond over punching Miz in the face and he’s not happy. Miz rants about Bryan stealing his WWE Title shot with a fluke small package. Miz says his foot was up and the referee made a bad call. Miz says he begged Paige for another shot but Bryan is such a charity case she turned him down. Miz goes on about how he defeated Bryan week after week. Miz says AJ is just another annoying version of Bryan but with an annoying Southern accent. Miz says AJ has been champion for a year and the title has never been more irrelevant. Miz tells AJ to look in the mirror when wondering why the WWE Champion isn’t main eventing pay-per-views. Miz doesn’t care who wins at Crown Jewel, he’s got next. Miz reveals that AJ will be facing Shelton Benjamin tonight.
AJ Styles vs. Shelton Benjamin
The music hits as Shelton Benjamin makes his way out for this non-title match. WWE Champion AJ Styles looks on as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and the match is underway as they go back and forth. The Miz and Daniel Bryan are on commentary. Benjamin takes control of AJ and keeps him grounded in the middle of the ring. Benjamin keeps control and hits a big backdrop for another pin attempt. Benjamin takes AJ to the corner with shoulder thrusts. AJ ends up dropping Benjamin with a pele kick in the middle of the ring.
AJ calls for a Styles Clash but Benjamin resits. Benjamin gets AJ on his shoulders and powers up but AJ slides out. AJ goes to the apron and tries to springboard up but Benjamin nails a big knee to the face, knocking AJ out of the air. AJ lands out on the floor and the referee counts. Benjamin follows to the floor and works AJ over, launching him into the barrier. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and AJ looks to make a comeback. AJ drops Shelton with strikes and flies in with a forearm. AJ with a big running right hand in the corner. Benjamin counters and goes for a move but AJ lands on his feet. AJ counters a move and drops Shelton into the Calf Crusher. The hold is broken. Shelton with a headbutt and a knee to AJ. AJ with a kick to the knee. Shelton sends AJ to the apron. AJ rocks him and springboards in with the Phenomenal Forearm to get the pin.
Winner: AJ Styles
– After the match, AJ raises the title in the ring as his music hits. Bryan stands up at the announce table and applauds.
– Still to come, Randy Orton vs. Big Show in a World Cup qualifying match. The announcers lead us to a video package on Show. Also tonight, Aiden English has more evidence against Lana. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Aiden English is in the ring. He says he showed us a glimpse at “One Night In Milwaukee” last week and it got him six-figure offers. He has a better idea – tonight he will show us the Director’s Cut.
We see the same video that we saw last week. Lana entered English’s room and said “I want you…” but we now see that she said “I want you to know how much you mean to Rusev.” Lana went on about how Rusev appreciates English for how he’s helped his career. English added that both Rusev and Lana mean the world to him. The video ended as English appeared to touch Lana’s arm. English knows we want to see the rest of the video but he has a proposition. English calls Rusev out to the ring and here he comes with a mic.
English says he will destroy the video if Rusev kicks Lana to the curb and if he gives the world what it wants – the reunion of Rusev Day. Lana comes out behind Rusev as he walks down the ramp. Rusev says this is serious and English should show the full tape. English says this is a family show and he believes no man should see that. Lana says she will show the full tape if English won’t. English asks how she’s going to do that. Rusev says English got hacked. Lana says it was easier because his password was “iheartrusev.” She calls for the video to be played and English protests. English tried to put the moves on Lana but she told him he was confused. Lana walked out of the hotel room as English stammered, trying to apologize. English says fine, they got him… but hey Lana, the offer is still on the table. English says Lana can come treat herself to an Aiden night when she gets tired of those boring Rusev days. Rusev charges the ring and English runs. Rusev catches him at the timekeeper’s area and drops him. They go to the ring and Rusev goes for a Machka Kick but English escapes to the floor. Lana and Rusev stand tall in the ring and look on at English on the ramp.
– The announcers lead us to a promo for Rey Mysterio’s return at next week’s SmackDown 1000 event. Rey will compete against WWE United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura in a non-title World Cup qualifier next week.
– We see Big Show headed to the ring for tonight’s main event. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers plug WWE’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month campaign with Susan G. Komen.
WWE World Cup Qualifying Match: Randy Orton vs. Big Show
We go to the ring and out first comes Big Show for tonight’s main event. The winner will earn a spot in the WWE World Cup tournament at Crown Jewel. Randy Orton is next.
The bell rings and Orton tries to back Show in the corner but Show fights out and decks him. Orton goes to the floor for a breather as Show yells out. Orton tries to sneak back into the ring but Show catches him. Orton looks on from the floor as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton drops Show with a DDT for a 2 count. Orton stomps now and keeps Show grounded. Show powers up and slams Orton back. Show clotheslines Orton and drops him again. Show keeps control and levels Orton again before standing tall to a pop. Orton rolls to the floor for a breather. Show brings Orton back into the ring. Orton dropkicks Show on the apron. Orton with the top rope draping DDT now. Show still kicks out at 2.
Orton goes for a punt kick but Show hits a Spear. Orton kicks out at 2. Fans chant “you still got it” at Show now. Show calls for the knockout punch but Orton rolls back to the floor. Show lifts Orton from the ring and brings him back in. Show goes for a chokeslam and hits it in the middle of the ring. Orton kicks out just in time. Show calls for the knockout punch again but Orton goes back to the floor to regroup. Show picks Orton back up from the floor and Orton delivers a thumb to the eye while the referee is unable to see. Orton runs back in and around, dropping Show with the RKO. Orton covers for the pin and the World Cup spot.
Winner: Randy Orton
– After the match, Orton’s music hits as we go to replays. The announcers hype the World Cup and Orton stands tall as SmackDown goes off the air.